Question

Data usage.

• 30 August 2018
  • 5 replies

My bill is due on the 17th day of each month and I have received a message today telling me I've already used 80% of my monthly data allowance already? Why is this happening almost every month?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Anthony Clewes,

Your allowances reset monthly.

When you've consumed up to 80% of either text, data or minutes, you'd get a text pertaining to that part of your allowance advising you of the usage.

Have you tried checking your plan to see how many remaining allowances you have?

Mohammed
Same problem here, I think... recently switched to ID Mobile and within days of activating have apparently used 80% of my data allowance. I haven't done anything differently than what I did with EE... so there shouldn't be anything different... yes?

Why have ID ripped my data allowance? Should I have to go through a load of bs with some know-eff-all... or should I just cancel the contract? I tempted to do the latter. It's easier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Same problem here, I think... recently switched to ID Mobile and within days of activating have apparently used 80% of my data allowance. I haven't done anything differently than what I did with EE... so there shouldn't be anything different... yes?

Why have ID ripped my data allowance? Should I have to go through a load of bs with some know-eff-all... or should I just cancel the contract? I tempted to do the latter. It's easier.

Hello @dustin7375,

We'd only record data usage that has been used. We would not record data usage if you had mobile data turned off for example.

We provide the iD app to allow you to track your allowances to see how much data you have used in the current billing month.

Mohammed
Data that has been used by who? Where has this data gone? I personally haven't used it. I have used my phone with precisely the same pattern of behaviour as in my old contract with EE, and yet, I never had a single data allowance problem with them. Why, in just 3 days use, has my data been ripped to a remaining 20%?

I couldn't give a flying toss what you record or what your ap does... where's my data?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @dustin7375,

We only track the amount of data that your phone has used so the allowances should show the correct amount. Which phone are you using? Some phones have a data usage section within the settings app that you can view to see where your data has been used.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?