Question

Default on my credit score

• 11 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi ID Mobile. I was looking to discuss an issue concerning defaults on my credit report. In 2016 i took out a sim with you. My recollection was, that i returned the sim card back to you, but because i didn’t follow the correct procedure in returning it, i was stuck with three defaults to my credit file. I was absolutely unaware of this and promptly contacted your customer care team as i vaguely remember going instore to seek guidance about returning the sim. My correct situation has left me with an uphill task trying to complete on a mortgage as the only three blemishes i have on my record, are these defaults which combined, were for a very small amount which were paid off as soon as i noticed what had happened. I did not use the sim at all & it was returned. I do hope you can accept that this was an honest error & possibly remove the defaults.

i look forward to your response.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @rdotc84,

A payment that was defaulted wouldn’t be something that we’d remove once payment has been made.

We don’t remove payments as a gesture of good-will and only remove these defaults/marks if we have incorrectly applied them.

In the case of an incorrect process followed for a return due to your error, any late marks applied here appear (generally speaking based on the information provided in your message) to be valid.

Are you advising you received no contact regarding this or any final demand notice? As these should have been issued prior to moving to collections.

How much was the balance for?

A SIM card is activated upon dispatch, as per the Terms & Conditions, you’d be charged for the account from the time it was active until returned regardless of usage.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

My recollection was that as soon as i received the sim pack from you, it was immediately sent back so process of cancellation was indeed my error.

I certainly didn’t receive any communications, so i messaged you guys concerning the returned sim & was told to pay a balance although the sim was unused, but appreciative it was active.  No communications about final payments were raised, nor collections. I just assumed this was a form of cancellation fee. 

The amount was around £30.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @rdotc84 

A final demand letter must have been sent out before the default was applied. We will send you a Private Message so we can check to see if this was sent. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?