Question

Disabled but can’t make calls even though I have minutes left

• 26 May 2020
  • 7 replies

I am disabled and my phone is my only link to the outside world.  I have just tried to make a call and got an automated message saying I had reached my capped limit. I have an allowance of 1000 minutes and have used 996 of them so am nowhere near my limit.

I was trying to call an 0845 number, the Boots Lost and Stolen phoneline as my card has been compromised as part of the recent Boots data breach. I can’t imagine why I would be blocked from making a call to a card lost and stolen line. This is absurd and delay gives fraudsters more opportunity to use my card fraudulently. This is not acceptable from ID Mobile.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @RedOktober 

Sorry to hear this. 

Please contact Live Chat team are available for account related support.

They’re available between 9am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am- 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Unfortunately, were working on a reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as `available`. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Regards 

Aklima

I have the same problem and cannot contact anybody. I have a full allowance but cannot call out.

Please contact me asap.

Thanks,

Luciana

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Luztavares 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’m sorry to see this post was not responded to.

Are you still unable to make contact?

Thanks,

Pearl

Yes, I cannot make any call to 0845 numbers? How can this be disabled?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Luztavares 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ll get someone to pick this up for you and they’ll contact you via PM shortly.

Pearl

It has been ages.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Luztavares 

Just saw this one and I think I can assist with this without the need for anyone to take details from you and look at your account.

0845 numbers are premium numbers and would cost you to call them.
If you have a spending cap on your account at zero (£0), then this will prevent you from making any calls to numbers that would come with a charge.  Also, if you have Premium Calls disabled on your account, that’s another thing you’d need to change.

If you have your iD Mobile account registered, then you can alter both those settings within there.
Though if you continue to have problems after that, then let us know by reply here.

Why iD Mobile?