Solved

Double charged

• 15 January 2020
  • 9 replies

To whom this may concern,

I have paid my monthly fee a few days ago, only to be charged again today for a further 49.99. I do not understand why I have been charged twice and would like the money to be returned if possible please.

Thank you,

Callum Downes

icon

Best answer by Ryan 15 January 2020, 12:20

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @callumpwdownes,

We’re sorry to hear about what has happened here regarding the double payment. Due to how Direct Debit payments work, the amount is sometimes requested a few days in advance to ensure it’s ready to be taken on the billing date, especially if it lands near a weekend.

Because of this, making a payment too close to, or on the billing date can result in a double payment. We’ll have this money refunded to you as soon as possible, please contact us via email or through our Live Chat Team if you prefer here.

Thanks,
Ryan

It happened to me too. I went into my account to cancel my contract, as it is a monthly one, and it showed with red that I have to pay my bill. I never have been late with my payments but I did not know my bill was due after 3 days by Direct Debit. I paid for it by card but the bill was deducted from my Direct Debit as well. Is it possible, for someone to have a look at my case?

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sure thing @Zalmoxis . I’ll drop you a PM now so we can get some more information.

Will

Userlevel 1

this has happened to me several times and happened again today. i would not have know had i not had reason to revisit the app and saw the second charge. whenever i am double charged it happens immediately after my first payment is made. somehow the app charges me twice, two separate charges and i have no idea how the app allows this to happen or what i am unwittingly doing wrong. i just know that i am not deliberately making two payments.

i too would like a refund but would also like if someone has an explanation or some idea of how this happens so that i can ensure that this is the last time.

many thanks

kmac36

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @kmac 

Sorry to hear you’ve been having this issue, I’d recommend getting in contact with us so we can take a look into your account and investigate any double charges!

Please contact us on our Facebook, Twitter or Live Chat so we can take a look!

Tom

Sure thing @Zalmoxis . I’ll drop you a PM now so we can get some more information.

Will

I’ve had the same problem of double payments, I had a direct debit come out 3 days after my bill date, even after I payed by card on the bill date would it be possible to get a refund also? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ben Owram 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Tom

To whom this may concern,

I have paid my monthly fee a few days ago, only to be charged again today for a further 34.99. I do not understand why I have been charged twice and would like the money to be returned if possible please.

Thank you,

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Winner2023 

This would only occur when you have a Direct Debit due to be taken and paid manually when we’ve already attempted to collect the monies.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?