Solved

Early payment??

• 29 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
I went way over my data usage so have obviously been charged more for my next bill. I get paid weekly so I paid £25 on the bill payment page, but now the bill amount has stayed the same but it says "-£25.00" next to payments received. Does this mean I will get charged the full bill payment still or does this count as credit in my account and so patment is taken from there instead of bank on the 16th?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 30 January 2019, 10:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @HelloBek,

That's spot on.

If you've made a payment on your account manually, this will be put on your account as a credit. When your next bill is generated, the credit will be used towards paying off the bill.

So if your bill was £30.00, then the £25.00 will be taken off this as soon as it's produced, leaving £5.00 for you to pay. With a Direct Debit set-up, we'd collect the remaining balance automatically on your payment date (14-days after the bill is produced).

Did you know that we offer a spending cap which you can apply on your account?
This will cap your spend from £0.00 meaning if you did run out of data, you'll simply be unable to use any more data until you purchase an add-on or the plan refreshes. This should help reduce any bill shocks.

If you're interested, you can read up on this here.
You can also find out about our Add-ons here.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?