Solved

First bill

• 13 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi. I just joined ID and my first bill is dues today and I have a DD set up on my account why the money has not left my account and it shows as outstanding missed bill in my app. I just checked and there is a ID direct debit on my account. What is going on? Do I have to pay bills manually although I have DD?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 23 November 2020, 13:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @Insa80 

Was it Friday 13th that the Direct Debit was due to come out?  Had funds been there ready for the bill in question?

Generally speaking a Direct Debit would be attempted at least once (usually a few days later) if it doesn’t go through ok, so more often than not you can just wait until that happens.

When Direct Debit dates land on a weekend then the Direct Debit would come out the first working day following that.  Which can sometimes cause the App to tell you the bill need to be paid (when it will all catch up on the Monday usually).

Has the Direct Debit come out today?

Userlevel 1

Yes, date was 13th and in the morning it said overdue but after that it changed to paid but nothing went out. Of course funds were there. That is why I am asking if I have to pay manually. Today the same. Nothing went out. I do not want to pay twice it will eventually go out.

And even if I did not have funds attempt would still show on account and return record will happen as DD are attempted twice a day by bank. I think in the morning and then again at around 1pm and if both unsuccessful it comes back as returned. Have nothing like that on account.

Userlevel 1

Finally. Went out today.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Insa80,

I’m glad that it was sorted. Due to the weekend, direct debits can take a few days to fully show as intended and this is due to how the banks direct debit system works. 

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Thanks Ryan.

13th wasn’t a weekend and Monday 16th wasn’t a weekend either. It only went out Tuesday. Anyways. It is sorted.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Nice one, cheers for letting us know @Insa80.

Will

Why iD Mobile?