Solved

Getting cap warning messages on an unlimited plan

• 17 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, About a week ago I upgraded my plan to unlimited minutes and text messages because I have been using more minutes than usual recently. However, I am still getting warning messages that I am at 80% of my cap. Looking at my dashboard, everything shows green. I rarely if ever use any data so that can’t be the problem. Is this some kind of glitch and should I just ignore these messages?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 17 July 2020, 13:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Marilyn Stares,

Does the text say 80% of your cap or 80% of x allowance?

When you change plans part way in the month you receive a pro-rata allowance.

Your plan is broken down into 3 baskets:

1 for Data

1 for minutes

1 for texts

Unlimited allowances are stored on the account as separate baskets.

So if you changed from a 500 minutes plan to an unlimited plan, then during that pro-rata period you  will have:

500 minutes (or whatever remaining minutes you had)

+your unlimited minutes 

Your 500 minutes is used up first so this will trigger a text saying your minutes have been used.

Then the unlimited kicks in right away.

Of course this is all behind the scenes so the app just shows the correct allowances left. Use whatever the app shows as the correct allowances.

The same applies to texts/data also (e.g. if you went from a 150 text plan to an unlimited text plan.

If however, the text says specifically of your spend cap then this relates to out of plan charges.

This can usually be if you're ringing a non-inclusive number. 

Check the number you are calling is an inclusive number.

Generally, this is a standard 07 mobile number, 01, 02 & 03 numbers and 0800/7777.

118 or 09 numbers are Premium

0845 and 087 are non-geographic and carry a charge.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?