Solved

Have I been overcharged?

• 10 November 2018
  • 4 replies

I have been paying for my phone for 2 Years since July 2016. I was paying £19.50 & was expecting by Bill to reduce onmy August bill. When viewing my bills I had been paying £ 21.00 in August & September so I changed my tariff in October & this reduced. Have I been overcharged for a phone that should of been paid for in July 2018 ?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 12 November 2018, 15:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @NWATERHOUSE,

Your contract price will not reduce automatically once you reach the 24th month as the 24 month period is a minimum term, meaning your contract will continue as normal until you contact us to either cancel the contract or to upgrade/change your tariff.

Ryan
So your saying if I had contacted you @ the end of July I would not of been charged £21.00 in Aug & September . I totally disagree as I have had phones with different companies before the last one being with virgin media & once I had completed paying for my phone virgin stopped charging me the original amount but asked me if I wanted to carry on with a much cheaper tariff. This, what you have done is a con & if I did cancel the £19.50 When I did, you would of carried on charging me £19.50 for 250 mins, 500mb & unlimited text. If that's the case I would like to cancel this with yourselves. Could you send my pak number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @NWATERHOUSE,

When a 24-month contract comes to an end for iD Mobile contracts (and most other network providers), you'd need to contact us to:

• Request a PAC code to transfer your number out,
  • Cancel the contact and disconnect the number
  • Upgrade to a new handset contract
  • Upgrade to a SIM-only tariff
If you haven't contacted us at the end of the contract to action one of these, you'd have remained on the same tariff you're on currently.

Have you tried logging into the iD app/Web service and checking the options available to you for upgrading?

Mohammed
No I have just cancelled with you & will go with a much more honest & cheaper SIM provider

Why iD Mobile?