Question

help paying my bill - don't know my number

• 19 July 2020
  • 3 replies

wondering if anyone can help me , in 2015 I purchased a sim only card from Carphone warehouse,  I took the simcard home an tried it into my phone and it wouldn't work when I went back to carphone warehouse to try get it sorted they said I need to contact id mobile as it wasn't anything to do with them after several attempts i went and got another simcard from another provider and never bothered using the id mobile simcard , 5 years later I checked my experian credit report and found that I have a defaulted account with id mobile for £39 I want to pay this bill but I dont have any details of what my phone number was as I never used it but eveytime I try pay my bill id mobile ask me for my phone number ? I was hoping to just enter my name address and date of birth and make the payment but I can't find any way of doing this i have spoke to customer services via email with no joy please can someone help me find a way round this ? Thanks 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Barge,

We can help you locate the account and the number for this iD plan as well as advise on how to pay this bill, but the credit file mark would remain.

It may be worth contacting Carphone Warehouse regarding the return of this contract SIM if you believe that you are not liable for the mark on your credit file.

If you do just want to make a payment to settle this, please let us know and we can get someone to PM you.

Mohammed

Yes please if someone could pm and help me pay the bill that would be great , I dont think I will have much luck with going through carphone warehouse as my local store I got the sim card from has since shut down , I dont have my phone number for the account or the email I was using at the time but I can provide photo id and details of the bank i was with when I had the contract , thanks for your help 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello there @Barge 

We’ve sent you a PM now, if you could check that and get back to us.

We’ll help you further there.

Why iD Mobile?