Question

How can I protect my child from running up extra charges

• 28 March 2020
  • 3 replies

I want to get a sim for my child and don’t have an account with IDMobile. I realise I can cap the bill but if they install the ID app on their phone the cap could be changed? 
Or could they use the phone to change the main account password? and do it through the website?
I trust them but some of those they hangout with I have concerns about…!

3 replies

Userlevel 1

You must register this phone number in the Id mobile website or app,  you can set your cap in the application yourself. after registration you can change your cap limit and password anytime in the app or on website. 

I have been using this feature for more than two years and have never exceeded my limit

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @pif , 

Welcome to the iD Community!

As @natalijameralin mentioned, getting registered on the iD Mobile app or My Account online, is the best way you can control usage.

When you first purchase an iD Mobile plan, you’ll be asked to select a cap during the checkout process. This will be the Bill Cap amount until you change it (on the app or online).

If you allow them access to the app or online account, then they will have the ability to change the Bill Cap, so i’d suggest you have the app installed, so you can keep an eye on the usage. You can install it on any iOS or Android device, regardless of what network the phone is operating on. 

You’ll also have the ability to set a few other restrictions on the accounts, such as setting an ‘Adult content’ bar and a ‘Premium bar’, these are features that ensure your child will stay safe when using their iD account, as well as not ring-up any unexpected charges.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hey @pif,

Unfortunately the user of the phone can have access to reset the password if they desire as for security, a passcode is sent via SMS to the SIM card on the system. It may be best to have the app installed on your own phone and hope that they don’t install the app themselves.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?