Solved

I'm getting charged £4.50 more from my original bill.

iD is telling me that due to texts I have received an additional £4.50 from my original £5 bill. So in total I have to pay £9.50. I'm not sure why it is taking £4.50 although I still have a remaining 4988 texts out of 5000. Can someone tell me why this is happening and how it can be removed from my bill?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 10 December 2018, 15:41

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Monsur30,

Has the bill been produced or is this showing on your unbilled usage?

Have you subscribed to any premium messaging services at all?

Mohammed
@Mohammed The bill says that it is due to texts and recently I have received a message from a premium text service saying that I have subscribed and £4.50 will be taken monthly. I know that I didn't subscribe to anything and I ignored the message yet £4.50 is still added onto my bill without my permission.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
@Mohammed The bill says that it is due to texts and recently I have received a message from a premium text service saying that I have subscribed and £4.50 will be taken monthly. I know that I didn't subscribe to anything and I ignored the message yet £4.50 is still added onto my bill without my permission.

Hey there @Monsur30

That sounds like something we'll need to look into your account further to address and get resolved.

Could you possibly contact our Social Media Team over at:

http://facebook.com/idmobileuk/
http://twitter.com/id_mobile_uk

They'll take it from there.

Kevin
Userlevel 1
Hello I have the same issue, i know for sure I didn't subscribe to any kind of subscription I'm very weary of them. But I've received a message from an 82450 number which said " To access your latest horoscope and check your stars this week, visit our site at www.psychicpalace.co.uk/login help@psychicpalace.co.uk 02033184816 I am so cross and angry I didn't sign up for this so how can it happen. How do I stop this as there's no way to cancel I'm confused and annoyed. Please can someone help me I won't be able to afford this again I'm scared it will keep happening. How is it even legal for them to do this
Userlevel 3
Badge
Contact id by Twitter/Facebook as detailed in the previous post
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hello I have the same issue, i know for sure I didn't subscribe to any kind of subscription I'm very weary of them. But I've received a message from an 82450 number which said " To access your latest horoscope and check your stars this week, visit our site at www.psychicpalace.co.uk/login help@psychicpalace.co.uk 02033184816 I am so cross and angry I didn't sign up for this so how can it happen. How do I stop this as there's no way to cancel I'm confused and annoyed. Please can someone help me I won't be able to afford this again I'm scared it will keep happening. How is it even legal for them to do this

Hey @beautifulluyou,

This is unfortunate to hear. If you have had no joy in cancelling this with the SMS horoscope service provider yourself, you can input the phone number 82450 into this database to file a complaint: https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/service-checker

I hope this helps.

Ryan
Hello I have the same issue, i know for sure I didn't subscribe to any kind of subscription But I've received a message from an 82450 number
and been charged extra 3 last month now , how do I stop them ? I send email to them also ,( cs@i-simm.com ) to unsubscribe me even though I never subscribed them .what else I can do ???
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @San,

I would advise you to follow my post above and get in contact with the service provider directly to ask for you to be removed from their subscription services. You can enter in the phone number to this website to find out more: https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/service-checker

Ryan

This has also happened to me as well, £4.50 text extra charge on this months bill, no idea why, dont use texts very often, surely as this is happening to so many customers ID need to do something,  it only seems to be happening to ID customers, is there a risk that our private details being accessed, also the last 2 months my data is going in days even though i turn it off and use wifi, check n double checklist off, haven't had any new apps, I always say how good this company are but started to change my mind, they're always passing the blame, customer service counts for a lot 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Jp05carter,

As we’ve advised above in the topic, this is something signed up to by user end and not be the network. There should not be a threat of private details being accessed besides the phone number you’ve registered the subscription with. 

You can view your itemised bill which will confirm the number the subscription for, then follow the steps above to unsubscribe or contact the company.

As for your data, we only record data usage that’s been used by the phone. Whether this is background apps accessing the data, we can’t say. If you are not using data, we recommend switching Mobile Data off.

When off, it is impossible for you to access the mobile data allowances, therefore none shall be used. 

Usage of data can vary for a customer daily, and if you’re seeing an increase it will be something that’s changed either in your day to day usage, or something that’s started to use more data. 

We cannot and would not start recording random unused data on your account to deplete your data quicker.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?