Solved

I need help my with bills during Covid-19

Userlevel 1

Is id arranging payment holidays or other help for financial difficulties during the corona virus situation?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 23 March 2020, 11:39

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 1

Surprise, surprise, no answer to this question. Just been in a webchat with customer services to ask why my bill is being increased and was told inflation. Well surely at this difficult time they should be helping not increasing our bill!! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am with iD Mobile since 2015 and this is the first price increase I observed since then. It is unfortunate that this price rise came about wrong time but you need to think that our salary increase isn't being postponed either and both of these rises are due to inflation.

I would understand all these complaints if people would really look like they care about this situation but in my town no one cares, when I try to walk my dog and avoid people this is impossible as park is packed with gatherings of elderly walkers, golfers, bikers and children playing football. So I decided to walk my dog once a day around 11pm when park is empty and dangerous but its only way I can distance myself from all these careless beings. I don't understand why society requires corporations to care when they don't do it themselves.  

I got the message about the price rise as well, which as I said is the first I observed since 2015 and I don't mind it as my salary is going up as well. 

Userlevel 1

You are lucky you are getting a salary since the lock down I have no job and no income and nothing provided for workers in my job so I'm sorry if you think I have to pay for your salary increase but I disagree and no doubt will have no phone very soon.

Userlevel 1

I'm with you Mark. Lucky Gregor if he's getting a pay rise. My partner has been put on unpaid leave for 2 months with no guarantee he has a job after that. I work for the NHS so yes I still have a job, however I'm putting myself in harms way to do it. 

Not everyone is not paying attention to the government's stay at home advice. I am staying at home when I'm not at work. To have a go on this thread when you have no idea what others are doing is rude. Yes, not everyone is listening, I wish they would, but that's not what this thread was for, it was to enquire if there is any financial help with the current situation with our phone contracts.

Userlevel 1

Are you proposing payment freezes? I cannot pay my bill. I cannot work. My industry has shut down. All events and gathering closed. My business has folded and I can’t go out due to I’ll health. I don’t want to have to pay the bank fees for being overdrawn so u get paid, can you wait or are you not doing anything to help payments? Thanks 

Userlevel 1

Peoples phones may be their only lifeline during this crisis

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Anyone that struggle with the job and getting paid has the opportunity to do something for the others as essential worker 

https://www.facebook.com/141700922567987/posts/3616573275080717/

For example Asda can provide additional employments for people that are at risk for loosing their jobs. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi everyone,

We fully understand and appreciate everyone's concerns in regards to the current situation surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic, and we are doing as much as we can to offer support to all of those in need wherever it is possible.

At present to help the elderly people in our community, we have put in place an unlimited minutes allowance for our customers aged over 70 so that they don’t need to worry about making a call whenever they need to speak to any of their friends or family. We are also in the process of making the NHS related websites free-rated meaning that the data used will soon not be taken from your allowances, giving everyone access to up-to-date NHS information.

For anyone else that has had a change to their financial situation due to the virus and need to discuss their bill, or if they need to discuss the RPI changes directly, then we can look into this further for you. Please drop us a message via Twitter or Facebook and we will offer some assistance right away.

Thank you,
Ryan

Userlevel 1

looking at my account dashboard there is no option to change my plan to a lower rate only a higher one. we need this option now

Hi, just wondering if deliveries will still be taking place during lockdown. I ask because I am due to upgrade tomorrow and I don't want to purchase and order my phone if it won't be delivered.

Userlevel 1

Re charges billing

I'd are willing to hold off taking payments for 90 days for customers having difficulty. Your line and services/allowances are unaffected.  After 90 days you will need to catch up with your billing. You can do this my going to live chat on your Id account web page or app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi everyone,

Hi, just wondering if deliveries will still be taking place during lockdown. I ask because I am due to upgrade tomorrow and I don't want to purchase and order my phone if it won't be delivered.

Deliveries should be taking place as usual; we have had no changes to circumstances to report at this time.

looking at my account dashboard there is no option to change my plan to a lower rate only a higher one. we need this option now

Some plans aren’t eligible to be downgraded at present, and I think you may have contacted us via Social Media already so please do drop us a message there again if you need support with other aspects.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

well that was a waste of time, after waiting for web chat and talking to a rep they said payments would not be taken for 3 months.. then they took the payment anyway. thanks for nothing ID

Userlevel 1

I was given 90 days and refunded the first month but they have taken money today and said no one working there now to refund it. I can’t feed my family now. So thanks. 
that and the network sucks. My texts are still not being sent and I can’t use 4G in certain areas of London! I’m paying for a service I am not being provided with therefore I believe I am legally able to break the contract. I have cancelled my direct debit so you don’t take next months payment unauthorised again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @markhalifax & @Tamsin ,

I have PM’ed you both.

Mohammed

Hi there, 

Due to Covid 19 I have been made redundant and finances are extremely tight and would like to know who I can’t speak to about a possible payment holiday. 

thanks in advance 

D

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Daleorlando33 

We’re sorry to hear you’ve hit some hard times as of recent, though you’re by no means the only one.

Have you previously been in touch with us this year regarding payment assistance, or is this the first time you’ve needed it?

Why iD Mobile?