Question

I need to chat about my bill - monthly fees should have decreased

• 17 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I believe I should now have finished paying for my phone, but my bill hasn’t gone down to the SIM only price (as I was promised it would when I took out the policy).
How do I contact ID for them to check this for me?

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Interesting - it says there have been 9 replies to this post - but I can see none.

After several weeks of trying Live Chat, I saw that yesterday it was finally available again (phone lines were no use since my office gets no signal from ID).
They just contradicted the original salesman who’d told me I’d be auto lowered to the SIm only part and apologised if they’d told me the wrong thing - so I’m putting in a complaint.
I’ll also add in the false statement from the same salesman that I would be able to ring 01624 numbers without charge and that turned out to be false too.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @JohnK 

Sorry for not catching this one sooner.

Once you’ve completed any existing contract, you would be able to log in to your iD Mobile account through the app -or- our website.

Within there, you can look to do a Plan Change to move over to any SIM-only plan of your choosing, if an upgrade is of no interest that is.

This is never done automatically as we need to know from you which plan you’d be wanting to move from.  Since February of this year though, we notify customers when they’re nearing the end of a contract so that they can self serve themselves with however they’d wish to proceed.

Userlevel 1

In which case ID should not state when they sell the contract that it will automatically drop to the SIM only price at the end of the period.
ID should also let people know when the contract is coming to an end.
Both of the above have combined in me being overcharged and mis-sold so I’ve sent a complaint about it - after waiting for 20 mins for a Manager to speak to me on the Chat line with no success.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @JohnK, managers aren’t always readily available to speak to, so waiting 20 minutes isn’t uncommon. I’d try requesting a callback if that’s what you want.

May I ask, who at iD told you that at the end of 24 months that it automatically drops to a SIM only deal and did they go into any detail?

Cheers,

Will

Why iD Mobile?