Solved

I've been charged £39.99 this month instead of the £7.50 normal line rental?

• 9 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Today I have been charged £39.99 DD but all I have ever paid is at most is £7.50 per month DD. I hardly use my mobile. This is an outrage. The Contact Us service on this site is not accessible at moment and the phone number for support is non functional. so had to leave reply here on the forum and don’t expect an employee to respond neither. I am owed a £39.99 refund and as I am £20 within max overdraft limit with bank I need this refunded to me tomorrow at latest. Why can I not get to speak to anyone, site says COVID has impacted but ID mobile still employ staff don’t they? Very poor service and I shall be looking for a professional response with an investigation why I was charged this and compensation as I am paying fees to bank on a daily basis and this £39.99 has just made it worse. May switch supplier too after this fiasco. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 17 September 2020, 14:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @BristolDan,

I’m sorry to hear this has happened.

Have you tried viewing your PDF bill to see what this charge is for? We provide a full breakdown of our bills and you can scroll further down the pages to see any out of plan usage.

Have you called/texted any numbers outside of your plan?

Changed Direct Debit date?

Changed plan? 

Upgraded?

These are all factors as to why a bill may be higher besides out of plan charges.

Mohammed

Hello Mohammed, thank you very much for your rapid response. I regret signing up for this contract about 3 weeks ago which I think is £2.00 or £2.50 for extra GB downloads but I had no idea I would pay a one off fee of £39.99 and that came as a shock when I was literally pounds off my credit limit with my bank (and I can provide proof of that via email to yourselves). I have been very unhappy with my phone as its keeps telling me the storage limit has ben treached so I thought adding 10GB of £2.50 per mth would be good but I ver knew it was £2.50 plus a one off fee of £39.99. I am going to have to replace this phone and would like ypu to consider refunding me £39.99 or large portion of that and cancel my £2.50 per month as the uprate has not worked at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @BristolDan,

Sorry, I don’t quite understand that part.

What one-off fee are you referring to of £2.50?

Our out of plan data usage is £0.1024 per 1 MB of data you use

We also offer add-ons that you can purchase from the app to use as extra data.

These are non-refundable if purchased.

Add-ons cost exactly how much they state. We do not have a £39.99 data add-on available nor do we have a £2.50 data add-on either.

Have you got a screenshot of the bill that shows this? Don’t include any personal information, you can blur this out.

Mohammed

This screen shot says it all:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @BristolDan,

Thanks for sending us that, which helps us understand the issue better.

I can see that your line rental for this month (before VAT, which is applied after) is £4.17. This is for the period of 22/08/20 - 21/09/20.

You’ve had £1.66 (before VAT) worth of charges outside of your plan, but this is for the month prior, as usage is always the month before. Period of 22/07/20 - 21/08/20.

Then 2 add-ons purchased.

1 is a 10GB Data add-on for £30.00 (but £25.00 before VAT)(you mentioned £39.99 above, which as I said, we don’t have a £39.99 addon). This add-on was applied on the 14/08/20 and will last until the 15/08/21 or, until fully used. It’s only billed for once, which is when it’s applied.

The other add-on is for Minutes and is £3.00 (but £2.50 before VAT).

This was applied on the 14/08/20 but expires after 30-days (14/09/20) or until fully used.

After adding the VAT, totals £6.66

Your bill total is £39.99.

The add-ons section is very clear when purchasing as it set’s out how much this is, what it provides etc.

We can’t remove add-ons once applied as these are non-refundable.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?