Solved

I've received a text from "Modombi" advising £40.00 would be added to my bill, help!

• 1 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Modomobi text to say they would be adding £40 to my bill.  I don't want their product and did not request it. How do I stop them? 

icon

Best answer by AklimaRahman 1 April 2020, 17:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Angeladavies 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

iD Mobile is not connected to Modomobi. 

It would appear as though they run some form of subscription service. 

I have found contact details online for them. It may be worth contacting them first and explaining what has happened. 

Helpline: 0330 8080 141 (national rate) or email support@mobidol.co.uk

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks 

Aklima 

Badge +10

@Angeladavies

Hopefully this is just a one off payment and shouldn’t recur, customers at THREE are also reporting being scammed by Modomobi after unwittingly clicking videos or such on the web.

Five tips to help you get money back from a nuisance message firm

1. Check for charges relating to premium rate texts on your bill that you did not request. Add up the costs and note the numbers they came from.

2.You can also place a bar on your phone blocking premium rate services this can be done from your account dashboard under My Services. Note, this will also block services you might still want such as paying for parking or donating to charity via your mobile.  EDIT: This will only block outgoing texts. If you’ve subscribed to a service you will need to unsubscribe to stop charges or text STOP ALL to that number.  The bar will not prevent incoming charges

3.You can find out which company is behind the texts with the regulator’s number-checker at psauthority.org.uk/about-us/number-checker

4. Be factual, succinct and dispassionate when making a complaint – and get it down in writing, keeping a record of all correspondence. 

5. Escalate your case to the Phone-paid Services Authority if you do not get a satisfactory conclusion. Visit its website psauthority.org.uk or call 0300 3030020 during office hours.

Why iD Mobile?