Solved

In what order does data get used? Allowance & Add-ons

• 12 February 2019
  • 4 replies

I was running low on data the last month, so I purchased a data boost. Now we are in the next month, I have my data allowance plus some of the boost left. What order is my data now being used in? The allowance first then the boost, or the boost then my allowance? Am I going to get to the date when the boost runs out and find a chunk of data has been removed? I cannot find this information anywhere on the web site.
icon

Best answer by Gregor 13 February 2019, 08:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Waldy

Here is information you looking for

If I buy an add-on, when does it get used?

Add-ons of minutes start beings used after your monthly allowance is used up. If you buy a data add-on, it gets used after your monthly data allowance and Data Rollover has been used up.

Regards
Yes I understand that part of it, but what happens when I get the next months data allowance whilst using the data boost? Does it now switch to data allowance or continue using the boost up first. In order to be fair, they should be used in the order they were gained, otherwise they are just ripping us off.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
I am pretty sure that your data that has been renewed is being used first and then add-on comes to use.

Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Waldy,

I am pretty sure that your data that has been renewed is being used first and then add-on comes to use.

Regards

As @Hikari has answered above, Data from the account is used first and then data from add-ons.
If your plan resets, you will default back to the data on your account.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?