Solved

Incorrect text msg

• 8 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi. I've received an email stating I've used 100% of my allowance and I'll be charged £10.24/100mb of data yet I still have 900mb of data from an add-on remaining (confirmed by the app). Any idea which is right, the app or the text?
Many thanks
Jons110
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 8 June 2018, 09:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Jons110,

So the text you get applies to your inclusive data.

Let's say you had 1GB on your plan.

Once you've used up 800MB, you'll get a text saying 80% of your data allowance has been reached.
Once you've used up 1GB, you'll get a text saying 100% of your data allowance has been reached.
texts are subject to coverage and are not guaranteed.

If you purchase an add-on when you still have remaining data, your inclusive data would be used up first and then your add-on.

This can lead to a text being sent when you've used up your data (but you know you had an add-on active.

The correct allowance will be what shows on the app.

Have you had any recent charges applied?

Mohammed

EDIT: Moved to the section: Bills, allowances, charges & capping
Userlevel 1
Hi. Thanks for the quick response.
I understood the way add-on's worked i.e allowance first the add-on etc, I just thought that the system would have realised a add-on was in use and therefore not sent the txt or possibly sent a different one. I wanted to clarify the situation due to the astronomical charges for going over your limit.
There have been no charges added to my account so all's well.
Cheers, Jons110
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Jons110,

Thanks for confirming this.

In the app, (if you haven't already) you should be able to set a spend cap, so even if you did go over, it'll be capped at the limit you set (minimum £5.00).

Take a look at setting this up if it's not already in place.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?