Solved

late payment marker

• 5 February 2021
  • 8 replies

I am absolutely devastated to

find that I have 2 late payment markers in my credit file. I have been a loyal

and reliable customer to ID for 2 years, always paying billS on time. 

i cancelled my contract in Aug 2020 and I accept through error did not transfer the STAC code correctly and did forget that I would still be billed. 

I have no argument with the £20 I owe and have settled the account as soon as I found the markers in my credit report. I am very very disappointed I wasn’t contacted to remind me of the payment whatsoever. No message, no call or payment text message, which ID had always previously sent. 

I feel so let down, this was a genuine mistake which I was never afforded the courtesy of rectifying. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 February 2021, 12:15

View original

8 replies

find that I have 2 late payment markers in my credit file. I have been a loyal

and reliable customer to ID for 2 years, always paying billS on time. 

i cancelled my contract in Aug 2020 and I accept through error did not transfer the STAC code correctly and did forget that I would still be billed. 

I have no argument with the £20 I owe and have settled the account as soon as I found the markers in my credit report. I am very very disappointed I wasn’t contacted to remind me of the payment whatsoever. No message, no call or payment text message, which ID had always previously sent. 

I feel so let down, this was a genuine mistake which I was never afforded the courtesy of rectifying. 

EDIT: Moved

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Stace191,

The calls/texts are issued to the iD Mobile number.

If the SIM was not in use (despite active), we wouldn’t have been able to reach you.

We’d usually send a final demand letter in the post also regarding overdue balance.

Are you advising the SIM was in use but you received no contact regarding this?

If the payments were made late, then regardless of if a balance was settled, it would not reverse the fact that the payment was made late so these marks would be valid.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Stace191, I’ve merged your posts as they both relate to the same issue.

Whilst I appreciate you made a mistake with your account, we would have tried to contact you via the number as well as issued a final demand notice regarding any overdue balance.

Mohammed

That’s just it though Mohammed, there was no contact on the number. No texts or calls and I received no letter either. 

I have been back through the phone to check for messages or calls and there are none. As I have said although  I appreciate that this was an oversight on my part, it seems extremely unfair that my mistake would go unmentioned to me and therefore put me in such an awful position. 

I think it would be fair to remove the late payment markers as a good will gesture since I have been a reliable customer and I had no way of knowing my mistake. 

The SIM was in the phone and in the cupboard. 

no messages have been received from ID at all. 

Is it not policy to inform the customer before adding late payment markers? I really am devastated by it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Stace191,

We wouldn’t remove marks as a good-will gesture, only if it was incorrectly recorded. But we’ll be sure to look into this further and check what contacts were made on the account.

I’ll sent you a PM so we can investigate this further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?