Solved

Mis-sold phone - final demand letter from ID - debt collectors now chasing an 87 stroke victim

• 16 October 2020
  • 1 reply

My 87 year old mother was sent a ‘Final’ demand letter for missing a direct debit payment.  She has had no prior letters from ID regarding this.

My mother was mis-sold a phone by Carphone Warehouse in September 2019: instead of upgrading she was sold a new phone and a new contract.  Since September 2019 she has been paying for 2 contracts.

We have been in touch with Carphone Warehouse regarding this and they said it was mis-sold.  She is classed as vulnerable.  In September she would have been suffering from a slow bleed on the brain.  She had a stroke in late January 2020 and is still recovering.  She is now being chased by debt collectors for an outstanding sum of 2 months.  Fact: she has been paying a direct debit for a year for a phone she didn’t realise she had.  To make matters worse she will also have to pay a further 1 month so that she can take out the 30 day cancellation.  

I have used ‘chat’ but didn’t get a resolution.  Carphone Warehouse have used ID chat - no resolution. Can somebody look into this please as it is causing my mother undue stress and hindering her stroke recovery.  Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Ryan 18 October 2020, 18:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ATDA,

We are very sorry to hear about your mother's situation. If Carphone Warehouse has confirmed that she was missold the phone then it would be up to them to get in touch with iD Mobile internally in order to resolve this for you. 

We will send you a PM now though so we can gather further information to help resolve this for her.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?