Solved

Moving to ID Mobile from Three. How long from signing up do I start paying?

• 2 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi,

My 24 month contract with Three is due to end on 27/09/18 and I intend to join ID Mobile straight after. Three requested 30 days notice so that they do not automatically keep me on monthly rolling contract, so I have contacted them and also requested my PAC code to keep my number. My PAC code expires on 01/10/18.

My question is:

When should I order my SIM with ID if I want my new contract to carry on from the 27th, as well as to avoid any unnecessary charges or overpaying to either provider? How long after signing up will ID take the first payment?

I haven’t found any clear answers in the FAQ section so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 4 September 2018, 16:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi,

My 24 month contract with Three is due to end on 27/09/18 and I intend to join ID Mobile straight after. Three requested 30 days notice so that they do not automatically keep me on monthly rolling contract, so I have contacted them and also requested my PAC code to keep my number. My PAC code expires on 01/10/18.

My question is:

When should I order my SIM with ID if I want my new contract to carry on from the 27th, as well as to avoid any unnecessary charges or overpaying to either provider? How long after signing up will ID take the first payment?

I haven’t found any clear answers in the FAQ section so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Hey @tomoakley,

Welcome to the iD Community and glad to hear you're thinking of joining us.

I can answer this one for you.

The first bill is generated up to 48-hours after dispatch and the first payment isn't taken until 14-days (or more) after this bill date, as per the Direct Debit agreement.

The dispatch date would then depend on when you order.

There's no way to provide an exact time frame for all of this but these are the times we deliver based on when you order.

Based on all of this information, we can work out an estimate.

If you ordered today before 5PM, your phone would be delivered tomorrow on Wednesday 05/09/18 (providing no delays).

The first bill would be generated on the Thursday 06/09/18 and the Direct Debit taken on the 20/09/18.

So to get a date of 27th, we'd need to order 7 days after this.

So placing an order on Tuesday 11/09/18 (before 5PM) would mean a first bill date of 12/09/18 and the Direct Debit taken on the 26/09/18.

This does not apply to SIM-only deals as they are sent via Royal Mail and not DPD.

These are just estimates as I've mentioned above and not an exact time, but certainly should help give you an idea.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?