Solved

Nano SIM required for upgrade

• 17 September 2020
  • 17 replies

My wife and I both have SIM only subscriptions with iD mobile.

I’ve just upgraded my ‘phone and given her my previous Huawei one. 

She needs a nano size SIM to fit 

You BILL us both separately, but we pay via her direct debit. 

I can’t access her account to order the new SIM

Can you please e-mail me direct - REMOVED - with details of who I should contact to arrange this a.s.a.p.?

IT HAS BEEN MOST FRUSTRATING TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU AND I DO NOT LIKE USING FACEBOOK - SO THIS IS VERY, VERY BAD.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 30 September 2020, 11:56

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Prof,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble sorting this.

When you say “upgraded her phone” do you mean upgraded to a new contract or just purchased the phone yourself?

I ask because, if you upgraded the contract, a new SIM should be sent with it which is a 3-in-1 SIM so you can pop out the smaller SIM as required.

Our SIMs are 3-in-1 SIMs so you may still be able to pop out the smaller SIM with your current one without a replacement. 

I’ll include a diagram I’ve made below.

If you still need a replacement, let us know, we can send you a replacement SIM out, and she can activate it on her account herself.

But if she wants us to also activate it, she’ll need to contact us herself as her contract is in her name.

Mohammed

Thanks Mohammed.

I bought a new phone and she is replacing her old Samsung with my previous Huawei.

She needs a nano SIM for this as the one in her Samsung is too large.

I’m not sure what she (I) need to do to get her new number onto the new SIM card that you will send or how to then activate this. Can you please tell me?

ALSO it seems that your reply seems to be on an open forum, so I am not sure if it is safe to give you her telephone number or account number in this reply. Please tell me how to do this securely.

(I had asked for you to send a secure private reply to my e-mail address. Why did you not do this?)

Prof

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Prof,

We didn’t send you an email because it isn’t something we do. We also removed your email address from your post, and would say not provide any of your wife’s details on a public forum for the safety concerns you’ve already expressed.

Is the line that your wife's uses in her name or yours (the one a new SIM is required for)? if it’s in yours, we will send you a Private Message to get a SIM sent out and activated onto the appropriate number for you. If the agreement is in your wife's name, we’d need to ask that she set up her own profile on this community page and get in touch with us like you have done, so we can get the SIM sent out to her upon her request.

Will

Will -

1. my wife receives iD mobile bills for both our ‘phones and pays them via Direct Debit
  2. she is unable to log in to her account
  3. she gets messages that
    1. that user name already in use
    2. that number etc. not recognised
  4. I can provide Customer Number, Customer Ref, mobile number, Contract number, etc.
  5. Her telephone /SIM is in her name
  6. Neither she nor I can ‘Register’ or ‘Log In’ to her account either direct or via Facebook

It is ridiculous that she/I cannot handle this by either a telephone call or e-mail.

Please escalate this to someone who has the authority to issue a new nano SIM card for the Huawei mobile in her name.

Prof.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Prof,

We have that authority. We’d just need to speak to the account holder to do so.

Please ask the account holder to drop us a message on here through their own account and we’ll get that done.

Will

Will - this is getting ridiculous.

When we established our account/s with you, you e-mailed her confirming this.

So you clearly have her e-mail address.

However, when she tries to log in and asks for a reset password the auto-response is ‘e-mail not recognised’.

Would it be better for us to cancel our accounts and go to another provider?

IF NOT PLEASE GIVE ME AN E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT WE CAN COMMUNICATE OPENLY WITH

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Prof,

We understand your frustration, but we cannot delve into the account without first speaking to the named account holder. If they can reply to this thread from their own Community account, we will happily provide further assistance. 

Thank you.
Ryan

Ryan - she does not use Facebook and cannot log in to account without password which she can’t get because of issues already mentioned.

You have her e-mail so please e-mail her direct.

MB

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Prof,

I’m sorry, we cannot send an email here as previously mentioned.

Community accounts work independently to the mobile phone account so she can, if she wants to, create her own account on our Community to ask for help.

Ryan

OK - so she goes to Community and tries to register.

BUT she can’t log in via FACEBOOK because she doesn’t use it.

AND she can’t log in via your/Community site because she doesn’t have the passord

SO how does she get the password to be able to log in?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Prof,

Can’t she open a new account on the Community?

Will

So - in an effort to help you - she registered a new account and password with the community

She then looked for ‘How to order a new (replacement) nano SIM

There was no answer, only a stream of Q&A’s all showing how angry other iD customers are getting at not being able to communicate with iD.

She then tried to log in to iD Mobile.
It would not accept the password just registered (as above) and merely said
“Sorry, your user name or password wasn't quite right. Please try again. “

So - she used ‘forgotten password’ quoting her user name (just registered as above) which got message

“ Your username was not recognised. If you are registered for this service you can use Forgot Username to retrieve your username. If you are not registered for this service, please register here.

So - she used her e-mail address with ‘Forgot Password’ which produced the same message.

NOW PLEASE TELL ME/HER HOW TO GET A NEW SIM CARD.

If you can’t do this please tell me who she/I should write to to resolve the matter, otherwise it looks like we’ll have to ask the Ombudsman..

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @FredaBenfield 

Are you the named account holder for the account in question?

If so we can send you a private message here and from there we can get a replacement SIM on it’s way to you.

They would always be nano SIM’s by default.

If you’re not the account holder, please could you have the account holder sign up and post a question on our community or a reply here?

Thanks.

Kevin - my wife tried to connect via iD Community but could not because of forgotten password (see string above).

You (iD mobile) have both her and my e-mail addresses. Please send the necessary information to one of us.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Prof 

We don’t want to draw this out any longer than it has already, and we’ll be happy to credit the account back too once this is resolved for any period in which she's been unable to get the service she’s paying for.

However we would need to speak to her directly.  Is Freda who posted above your wife?  If so, we’ll send a private message to her on here now.

If you have an account in your own name @Prof , then we can message you too in order to help you with any account of your own.

Good morning Kevin. Thanks for your note and offer of credit above.

I don’t think it helps for communications to be routed via ‘Community’. One reason is that it only recognises me if I log in via Facebook, not when I try direct using a password. My wife refuses to use Facebook and I do not like doing so.

However, Freda is my wife and the entry made above was made by me on her behalf  (she is antipathetic towards IT). If you want to speak to her directly I can give you her number to call, or you can give me your number and she can call you. However, this would not be ‘private’ via this Community, so you will need to either e-mail her or me - you have the e-mail addresses.

For convenience at the time we bought into iD Mobile (via Carphone Warehouse) we used her details So you have an account for her but it looks like you have an account for me for my mobile telephone number - and you also send me [and her] monthly accounts).

Any message you send to her via Community will come to me, so you need to e-mail her direct OR find some other way that you can either:

1. take my instructions for her
  2. communicate with us both securely and privately.BUT NOT on via this open Community.

You could, of course, e-mail her (and copy me in) or simply call her on her mobile (but let me know when in advance because - as a resullt of these problems -  she mainly has it switched off. Alternatively call me. You have my number.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Prof,

It wouldn’t be an open discussion on the community. We’d see the post and send her a private message.

If she has forgotten her community Password, we’d recommend she submit a forgotten password request, or start a new account.

The sooner she gets in touch, the sooner we can help.

Will

Why iD Mobile?