Solved

New account charges start before I received the SIM

• 28 February 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge
Just setup a new ID account, ordered the SIM on a Sunday, received the SIM the following Tuesday, setup and used from the Wednesday.
Noticed the account runs from the Sunday even though I didn't have the SIM so couldn't possibly use it.
Why don't ID charge from SIM activation as other providers do?
I've lost 3 days in the first month, which is also a short month!

Also, old number transfer took 64 hours even though being assured that it would be within 48 hours, had a ridiculous discussion with customer services when chasing at around 58 hours who kept repeating that it would be completed within 48 hours, but didn't understand the point that that time had passed.

Not the best of starts.
icon

Best answer by Ryan 5 March 2019, 17:31

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @starchaser

To explain the charges and day since you are being charged head over to this topic. I am certain that you should be charged from the date two days after your purchase date.

I suspect that ID Mobile is experiencing high volume of ported numbers recently due to other provider called TPO going under administration, that might be the reason for a slight detail. Which (as another customer), I am sorry to hear and I can promise you it will get better (I am happy customer for 4 years now).

Regards
Badge
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
Regarding the number transfer, yes, that was what I expected would be the reason for the delay, being an ex TPO customer, but only received the scripted 48 hours reply.

Examining my first bill more closely, I have definitely been billed from the order date, which was in fact the Saturday, account setup on the Sunday, SIM dispatched on the Monday, arrived on the Tuesday.

There must be some legal implication in this, ID surely can't be allowed to charge for a service where it is impossible for them to have provided it.
Badge
Previous message edited.
Badge
Further edit, can't see how to delete this message.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
I am just a little bit confused here. I would like to just clarify one thing. You have mentioned that you have registered your ID Mobile account on Sunday but you received your SIM card on Tuesdays. To my knowledge it is not possible to register an account with ID Mobile without having a SIM card already working in your phone as there is will be a step where a pin code would be sent to the number assigned to that ID Sim Card in order to complete the registration. I would just like to know how did you bypass that step in order to see the situation more clearly and think of potential solutions.

Regards
Badge
Hi, payment account confirmed and direct debit setup on Sunday, yes ID mobile account not completed until after SIM arrived, which is when I would assume the billing period would start.
Badge
To highlight the main issue of this post, I have been charged from the date the order was placed, 3 days before I actually received the SIM, not 2 days after, which would be sensible if the system can't detect the first time the SIM is actually used.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @starchaser,

I fully understand your frustration with this, it's just our normal practise for the contract to start once it is accepted, as this is the date of when your agreement with us starts. It's not possible to change this I'm afraid.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?