Solved

No email with monthly bill

• 7 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I expected to receive monthly bills by email. I've realised I never get the bills. Obviously I received all the emails on sign up, they're not in my spam. Email address is correct, and last month ID even sent me an email to say they had improved the bill format. Screen says:

"Billing Method.
Choose how you want to receive your monthly bill, then tap 'Update'. Please note:
you'll also be alerted by text when your bill's ready.
Email bill
Your monthly bill will be emailed to your registered
email address, free of charge"

Annoying to have to log in every month to check my bill. Does it work for others?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 13 June 2019, 15:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Another_Name,
Sorry to see that you find logging in each month annoying but this is what's required to access your account information. This is necessary for security and we're not able to send the bill directly to your email unfortunately.

We apologise that the information you've shown above seems to contradict this but only a notification of the bill can be sent, not the complete bill.

-Phil
Userlevel 1
Thanks for your reply.

By coincidence I do quite a bit of work in IT security & compliance, and am still mystified about how a monthly login helps when 1) everyone who doesn't bother to login or has a postal bill avoids the security and 2) the bank account is still active when the bill is paid reliably by DD. I can only think of one benefit which is to discourage users from looking at their bills.

The text is a direct copy & paste from the iD website. As it's not just wrong but contradicts iD's security policy I suggest you change it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Another_Name,

Do you perhaps have a link to the website where this is located? We'd like to ensure this can be fed back, though we're struggling to find this information ourselves.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Really?

Login > Dashboard > My Billing > Change My Billing Method

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/dashboard?p_p_id=selfcare_WAR_selfcareportlet&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=1&_selfcare_WAR_selfcareportlet_pageId=changeBillingMethod

Thanks for a correct response, although the "security" excuse still sounds unjustified.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Another_Name,

We'll feed this back to the Team that manage the account service.

I've located the bit you're referring to and we'll arrange for this to be fed back.

This information is incorrect so I'm unsure why it's been added here.

Mohammed

EDIT: It has been confirmed that the the option here should have been in regards to an email reminder for when the bill is ready, not that we'd email the actual bill. It's in the process of being removed/corrected ASAP.

Why iD Mobile?