Non-standard 07 numbers

• 8 July 2018
  • 1 reply

I was really surprised to be cut off in the middle of a call to a friend because I had reached my cap limit. I've just been on the live chat and found out that this is because my friend has a "non standard" 07 number.

The agent pointed me to the list of these numbers on the website (which is pretty hard to find). There are loads of them and there is nothing obvious about them, so unless you check that list before you call anyone you could easily end up spending 40p per minute.

Surely there should be some kind of alert system so that you know if you are calling one of these numbers?

I've never had this with any other phone contract, and I have been able to call this friend without such high charges on other contracts....

The helpful agent refunded my charge this time, but I don't think this situation is a good one and I'm not happy about it. Otherwise my experience with ID has been really positive.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @clarus48,

We're disappointed you feel that these charges are not easy to find on our website.

We don't think that this is the case as they are easily found under the correct section of our website.

Help & Advice (from the toolbar) > Our Charges.

This page lists all of the charges for out of plan usage.
You will see in the Calls, a row that says "Non-standard 07 numbers" with a hyperlink to the direct page for this.

I've included a link here

This is where numbers starting with 07 which are operated by 3rd parties forward calls to another number. As there are quite a few of these which charge us a higher rate to connect the call, there is charge (per minute) for these numbers and are not included in your plan.

We're happy that the agent did all was possible on the call and as a good-will gesture has offered to refund these charges as a one-off.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?