Solved

Odd Usage Figure

• 10 February 2020
  • 2 replies

I’ve had an ID Mobile SIM in my car for 21 months and it’s worked perfectly with absolutely no problems.   A few days ago the car reported that I had used 1.9 Gb of data and was close to my limit - on checking the ID Mobile site, this was confirmed.   I’ve never got anywhere near the limit before.   I couldn’t find out how to see live data so have waited for the end of the billing cycle.   Now looking at the bill I’ve used around 137Mb (I’ve been on holiday).   Why would both ID Mobile and the car have shown 1.9Gb ??

I guess I’ll have to wait for the next month to see whether this happens again.

icon

Best answer by Gregor 10 February 2020, 21:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Harry52 

I would assume that could be caused by Over The Air System Update that your device could download in the background. In case when this is one and only month with such a big data usage, this is the only thing I could think of. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

Gregor,

It’s a possibility, although the car is not supposed to allow any updates without agreement.   That said, it still doesn’t explain how I get warnings that my data limit is being reached and then see my usage for the month is only 137Mb

I think I’ll leave it a month and see whether I get weird things happening again.

Thanks for your reply

Why iD Mobile?