Solved

Ordered a second SIM, but it doesn't seem to have processed.

• 27 December 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Almost immediately after ordering my SIM, I ordered an additional one for my daughter, using the same email address, bank details, etc.
However, despite the order apparently completing, I received no email communication whatsoever regarding this second SIM. My SIM arrived today. Do I just assume the second order didn't actually process and go ahead and place another order, using a different email address (as I now realise one can't access two numbers through the same dashboard anyway)?
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 27 December 2018, 15:45

View original

9 replies

Badge +10
Welcome to the ID Community,

You can order 2 SIMS per account holder only.
You'll need to register the account with a different email address though as ID Mobile don't yet support multiple account logins in one dashboard or within the app.

It's one number per account so you will need to use different email address to register your second sim. You can use the same banking and payment details on both accounts if you so wish.

As long as your credit check results allows this, you can take out a second SIM card whenever you like. If not, then they recommend waiting up to 6 months before applying again. Nothing stopping you trying again in 2-3 months if you fail the credit check.

ID Mobile are looking into a family accounts feature!

Please be aware you may fail the second credit check if you apply so soon after the first one. If so please speak to one of the team on live chat they might be able to sort something out for you.
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us

Alternatively the pay as you go sim has no credit checks.
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/pay-as-you-go/sim-only
Userlevel 1
Well...you were right; they declined the credit check.
Oddly, looking back through my emails, they sent 'Thank you for your order', 'Order Complete' and 'Thanks for setting up your DD' emails for both original orders, but subsequently behaved as if there was only one order (only one 'Welcome' email with a number for a new SIM, only one 'Monthly Bill' email, etc...). I'm confused.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @MJB,

Hmm it sounds as though you may have been accepted for the first order and not the second one. Have you been in touch with our customer services team to check whether or not this is the case?

Ryan

My replacement sim doesn't work and the second thing is I have two sim, have been able to register one with my email address but can't register the second one. I tried to use different email to register the second  sim but can't recieve the activation code. Help me please 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Esther Ansah,

If you have 2 SIM cards, and one isn’t working, have you tried the other to see if that was the one you activated?

Will

The second sim can't be registered or activated 

Why are making life difficult for your customer, why not open phone lines and speak to your customer and is not easy to result issues with this community. 

I haven't been able to use the service for one week but at the end of the month I have pay my bills. You need to sort out this issue as soon as possible. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Esther Ansah 

We no longer offer a telephony contact channel for our customers as we’re a digital-first company and endeavor to keep our costs low for customers; we are also contactable via Live Chat and through our Facebook and Twitter pages. What message do you get on your phone when you enter your second sim card? 

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?