Solved

Overcharged - Have I been?

• 10 September 2018
  • 8 replies

I have 500 minutes and I hardly use it up. I never used it last month and I only used just a shy of 100 minutes this month yet I got charged £2.75 which will be charged for the next month, on top of my usual £5 bill. Why is that. This is wrong.
icon

Best answer by Ryan 12 September 2018, 17:29

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Manc,

The charge may be for something else such as going over your data allowance, or through calling a premium number. You can view your bill via our iD App to see why this charge has been generated.

Alternatively, you can contact our Live Chat Team here.

Ryan
What are the premium numbers please. I didn't see such exceptions at the time of buying the sim card.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
What are the premium numbers please. I didn't see such exceptions at the time of buying the sim card.

A premium number are those that a company or person chooses to use, to charge anyone for making a call to them. Common chargeable numbers start with 0845 and 0870 and it's always best to check the charge for a number before calling, especially if it doesn't start with an 01, 02, 03 or 07 as it may be a premium number.

I hope this helps.

Ryan

I have been charged £10 for the last 2 months I'd phone bill, the account has a £5 cap on it. How do I get a credit?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Mr CHRISTOPHER BURNS , how do these charges appear on your bill?

Userlevel 1

I’m over charged on my bill please can someone call me from ID mobile please 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @SaffinaAhamed 

Have you had a look at your recent bill in question?  As it would always state what you’ve been charged for within there.

In most cases it would be that you have either called a premium rate number (perhaps a company customer service number that isn’t a free one) -or- if you had used your allowances for the month and then gone over that allocation, you would be charged for any over use there.

Both charges would stand in such a case.  To prevent future bill shock it is always recommended that you set a low spending cap on your iD Mobile account to prevent such a thing.

You can register your iD Mobile account on our website here if you haven’t already.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Mr CHRISTOPHER BURNS 

If your current plan is a £5 a month one.  Then a spending cap of £5 would mean you’re allowed to go £5 over in charges if for instance you made any premium rate calls -or- used up your minutes allowances and proceeded to use extra beyond that.

You’d get a text to your phone (or see it in your iD Mobile App) if you had used up your monthly minutes though.

Generally speaking.  It would be worth doing a plan change and moving to a plan that gives you more minutes per month for an extra £1 or £2 up from whatever you’re on now usually.  As opposed to running beyond your standard allowances.

Why iD Mobile?