Solved

Overdue Bill

• 14 November 2018
  • 5 replies

My first bill was due to go out today via DD, the DD is all set up but nothing has gone out.

All my other DDs go out between midnight and 6am.
On the My Account page it says I have an overdue amount, so I don't know whether the DD is going out today (but at a later time) or whether I should just pay the overdue amount by card, I don't want to get charged twice.

Can anyone shed any light on the situation?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 14 November 2018, 15:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Holly1985,

Direct Debits are taken around 14-days after the date of your invoice being produced.

Have you checked the account to confirm if this has since been taken?

The app might show it's overdue at this stage but it's most likely going to be taken a day later.

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed
Hi, it was definetly due to go out today, just checked the app and the overdue amount has gone and it says the bill has been paid although nothing has gone from my bank yet which is a bit weird.
Will keep an eye on it, thanks for your reply
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Holly1985,

Can you confirm if the payment has now shown on your bank statement? As Mohammed advised, it sometimes can come out a day or so after the usual direct debit date.

Ryan
Why would you take payment 2 weeks after its supposed to come out by DD? This isn't how DD works, we set up our payments so they come out when it's most convenient for us. So do your jobs and take the money when it's supposed to come out. It is a nightmare trying to manage finances when we have no idea when the money will actually leave our accounts, all because you want to play financial Russian roulette with us, in the hopes of getting double payments or hitting us with late fees.. All the while you have the nerve to behave like this is normal practice. Every other company takes money out of my account on the day I ask them to with my DD, why can't you?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Dan0251,

This doesn't sound right. We should be taking the payments on the date stated on your Direct Debit agreement. Are you finding that the payment is taken 2 weeks late every month? It would only come out later if the first payment attempt had failed, or if the date falls on a weekend/bank holiday.

When a bill is generated, the payment is taken 2 weeks later so is this confusing things? You can check the date that the payment is taken by logging into your account online or through our iD Mobile phone app and if this doesn't look right, it can be changed there.

Let me know if we need to look into this further.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?