Solved

Pay as you go balance expiry

• 7 February 2019
  • 12 replies

I have a question here that I keep getting different responses from the people I spoke to when I can the helpline

1) the pay as you go sim has expiry date of 365 days? right or wrong?
2) I have to use the pay as you go sim every 3 months to keep it active? right or wrong?
3) if I passed the expiry date of 365 days, I lost all my balance but I can still use my number as long as I top it up at least 5 pounds? right or wrong?
4) when I am about to reach the expiry date, I get a reminder text message to tell me so, and if I then top up at least 5 pounds, this extend the expiry for another 365 days, right or wrong

thank you for your help

Kai
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 11 February 2019, 17:18

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
1) Right as long as it is topped up
Source:
[h5]How long does a top-up last?[/h5]
Your top-up will expire if you don't use your phone for 365 days.

2) Right
If you keep your SIM balance empty for 90 days it will expire.
Source:
[h5]I no longer need my Pay-As-You-Go plan. Do I have to cancel it?[/h5]
No, you don't need to do anything. Your SIM will expire after 90 days of inactivity, so if you've any top-up credit remaining, use it or you'll lose it!

3) I am not 100% sure here. I will it has to be £10 top-up minium to reactivate the card but I might be wrong.

4) No idea at all, let's way for @Mohammed or @Ryan to add answer to this one.

Regards
but if my balance is NOT empty, say with £4, but not use for 90 days, will it expire?
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
If you have £4 of you balance then you have 365 days as long as sim is inserted in your phone and your phone is turned on. But if you remove SIM from your phone and leave it be for 90 days then it's gone. (It is my interpretation of FAQ statements, let's wait for @Mohammed or @Ryan to confirm.).
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @winslor_tee,

Your balance would remain on your SIM for 90 days if it isn't used, even if the SIM is in the handset. You would be notified before 90 days to advise you that the balance will expire soon. After 90 days your balance would be removed.

I hope this helps.

Kash
hi Kosh, thanks very much and so if i top up at least £5 after receiving the notification, will the expiry date be extended or another 365 days? please advice, thank you
hi there, can you please let me know would a top up of at least £5 extend deadline by another 365 days please? yours not very clear, others like 3 mobile is a lot more clearcut. use every 6 months if not, expired and lost all balance and the number. if yours can extend for another 365 days for each top up of at least £5, I will go with you, if not I am going with 3 mobile. Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @winslor_tee,

I know that if the SIM card is not used within the 90-days, we would send a reminder to the number to notify you that you'll need to make some usage or top-up to continue using services.

If you do, then the 90-days would refresh.

If you don't use it, then after 30-days, your SIM would be disconnected and any balance lost.

What I believe you're referring to is the top-up you place on your SIM originally being extended?
According to our FAQ's Top-up lasts 365 days. (There do not appear to be any extensions to this).

So if you topped up £5.00. This will last for 365 days.
Topping up an additional £5.00 would not extend the original £5.00 for 365 days. However, the new £5.00 should carry a top-up duration of 365 days.

What I will do is double check this information and come back to you with a definitive response.

By my understanding, a Top-up would last 365 days &/OR the SIM expiring, whichever comes first.
Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @winslor_tee,
Looks like I was correct.

Each top-up has it's own 365 day expiry period.
Topping up again won't extend the existing top-up period but apply a new 365 day period for the new top-up. The old top-up will expire on it's original date.

Hope that helps.

Mohammed
thank you for letting me know. So if i left with £1 for my "old" topup, does this £1 carried forward when "new" top up is made (before "old" topup expiry), implying that, moving forward, the £1 + £5 (new topup) will last 365 days? Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @winslor_tee,

Back again with an update.

I'd like to correct myself as the Technical Team misunderstood the original query.

Each time you top-up, the current top-up will refresh as they will last for 365 days from the most recent top-up date.

If you had a bought a £5.00 top-up today, then in 6 months time, bought another top-up, then the original top-up is extended to 365-days again from the new top-up date.

I believe this is what you were hoping for after all right?

So you could keep topping up £5.00 every 300 days to extend the timer again to another 365 days.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1

So looking at a PAYG from ID mobile to essentially park a mobile number, as have a company provided SIM. 

would like to receive and then network divert calls to my staff mobile. So every time I get a call on this number I’ll be paying 3p a minute cause of the divert?

As I understand a ten quid top up will give me 333 minutes across 365 days?

The other thing to be mindful of is that I do need activity on the SIM within a 90 day period, like a outbound call or text.

If I have a balance at end of 364 days then this will be refreshed as long as I put in another ten quid?

So assuming I have very low inbound usage I can essentially park my number for ten quid a year?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello there @daryah 

That would be fine yes,  You should be able to register your SIM to manage your account (through the iD Mobile App or logging in to our website) and see when you last topped up and such along the way too to make things easier to keep tabs on.

Why iD Mobile?