Solved

Premium incoming texts issue

• 15 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I have a new (6 weeks old) I'D Mobile account but twice now I have received a text message from a sports betting company I've never heard of and never signed up to.

Each one has been charged at £4.50 and so far the Stop reply has resulted in a Failed response.

Could my number have been used previously by someone who did subscribe to this service? How can I stop it?

I have Premium Services disabled in my ID Mobile settings and an email to the sender went without reply so I don't know what else I can do?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Neil54 17 September 2018, 16:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Neil54,

I'm sorry to hear about that! Have you tried to contact the company via a different means to have your number removed?

Ryan
Hi Ryan

Thanks for your help. Eventually I contacted your Chat Support, who offered some advice about these issues via the Phone-paid Services Authority, who have chased up the issue.

Although the sender had not been replying to emails or phone calls, and the SMS 'STOP' command failed, the intervention seems to have worked because they have now said my number has been removed (and they will refund the erroneous payments)

Hopefully all now fixed, but I am still at a loss as to how they obtained my number in the first place.

Neil
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Neil54,

I'm glad to hear that their service has now come to an end, it does sound as though the Phone-paid Services Authority has intervened already.

I'm unsure as to how they may have obtained your number. It could be a case of someone who has a similar number to yourself has entered it incorrectly when signing up.

If you do need anything else, please let us know.

Regards,
Ryan

Why iD Mobile?