Question

Premium Texts?

• 22 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I was online trying to register at zara and an hour later I received a text saying I had subscribed to flash.deals for 1.50 quid. I've tried to send a stop message to the number giver but it says that the text couldn't be sent. I've been charged 4.50 quid for that as well. How do I stop the premium texts? I would also like to get the charges cancelled!

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi there, were you using the officail Zara site or was this an ad or link that you've been given.
If you are ever asked to enter your number on a website then receive a code to confirm your number, please be aware of the terms that may apply when committing to any service such as this.

If you know the number that is sending you the charge, you can use this site to find out who is responsible to request the termination of the agreement and a refund.

https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/service-checker

-Phil
Hello, This came up on my instagram feed. I have contacted the Phone service Authority so I'm waiting for a reply back. How else can I terminate this because now my charges have racked up to 6 quid as I received another message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello, This came up on my instagram feed. I have contacted the Phone service Authority so I'm waiting for a reply back. How else can I terminate this because now my charges have racked up to 6 quid as I received another message.

Have you checked the app to confirm that Premium Messaging Bar is disabled?

This feature will prevent you sending premium messages.

This needs to be turned off/inactive so you can send the STOP message.

Once you've unsubscribed, you can re-enable it again.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?