Solved

Refund..?

• 4 October 2018
  • 1 reply

My son has run me up a massive bill watching youtubr.. as far as i was aware he was connected to wifi & the contracts come capped so had no fears... iv finally sorted the app out on my new fone to keep an eye on things as hes now going to be taking over the phone permanently to my horror see ive got an £85 bill, £75 on top of my usual monthly bill that iv never gone over due 2 having wifi..
Iv had people tell me to get in touch b4 it comes out or for a refund as it wasnt my fault, it was my sons, & also the capping wasnt ever explained to me..
Is it possible for the bill to be sorted
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 5 October 2018, 17:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
It's unfortunate to hear of he high bill you've incurred @Clattyclara,

Following inclusive capping on all plans, it wasn't until the 15/11/17 where all plans purchased from us had a default cap of £5.00 applied.

The good news is following much feedback here, we've now gotten this cap amount reduced to £0.00 which can be done today, directly from the app/account.

We would not charge for data usage that has not been used.

The connection would be servered if you had mobile data turned off so it would not be possible for data to be recorded this way.

If WiFi was connected to, we would not record any WiFi usage on your bill (as we do not provide you WiFi).

Some phones have a feature that can be turned on/comes enabled known as WiFi assist, where the Mobile Data will kick in if WiFi is weak. This will help keep the connection fluid and prevent any disruptive browsing.

This bears the illusion that you're connected to WiFi, but the weaker WiFi is being supported by Mobile Data.

In other cases, if both Mobile data is turned on & WiFi, then when the WiFi connection drops out, Mobile Data would instead kick in and take over. This is a little different to above, as the Mobile Data will be the sole service used for data once the WiFI connection has dropped out.

This is also another explanation as to what's led to these charges.

We'd also send text messages to notify of usage when you've reached 80% and 100% of your inclusive allowances as a reminder of the charges you'd incur if you continue to use out of plan allowances.

We wouldn't be able to offer a refund as it would be the account holders responsibility to monitor the usage, but can definitely help (if you haven't already had this) with helping set preventative measures from receiving a bill shock in the future.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?