Solved

Refund for the overpayment

My contract ended with you in July, however I had already paid for whole month so have overpaid you and I’d like it back, I’ve tried phoning to speak to someone, but there is nobody to speak to. Also the live chat is not working.

How can I get the money back?

icon

Best answer by Rory 3 October 2020, 16:05

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @przemyslawk,

Have you received a final bill from us stating you’re in credit? Is your Direct Debit still open?

Will

Yes, I have received final bill from you stating I’m in credit. I just checked my bank account and direct debit is still open.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @przemyslawk, our Live Chat service is operational and the team are helping customers every day. 

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

@Rory @Will I’ve been trying different days and times for more than a month and I have never seen Live Chat button appearing. I’ve used different browsers too. The other day I was sitting from 8:30 am till 11am with no luck at all.

Can somebody get in touch with me please (PM me for my number).

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @przemyslawk, I’ve just dropped you a private message and we’ll take it from there.

Thank you,

Rory

@Rory msg you back

Good morning,

I have the same problem, my contract ended last month and my account is in credit.

When speaking to a Live Chat agent I got no help. I have cancelled my Direct Debit and the Live Chat agent would not help me. She only said I need to update my bank details on my end, but because my contract has ended I only have limited visibility and functions. When telling her I did not have the options to set up a Direct Debit again to receive the refund she said there is nothing that ID can do. Surely that is not right? 

Apparently I should have the option here to set up Direct Debit, but I do not. 

@Rory  and @Will can you help?

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Nimueh,

I’ll drop you a PM and we can re-instate this for you and refund the credit back to you.

Mohammed

Hi, I have the same issue. My contract ended with you around April/May and I have a credit on my account which I would have expected to be automatically repaid. I haven’t cancelled my direct debit and it still appears in my banking app. I tried interacting with the chatbot but it was useless. 

How can I get the money back, please?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Dwards, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi, I have exactly the same issue. My contract also ended with you around April/May and I have a credit on my account which I would have expected to be automatically repaid. I also haven’t cancelled my direct debit and it still appears in my banking app. I also tried interacting with the chatbot but it was useless. 

How can I get the money back, please?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Daisa, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

My Monthly Payments Contract ended on Aug 20th 2022.I am still currently making overpayments.Please can you issue out a full credit refund at the end of the final bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jonathan.ogunjobi 

Have you cancelled your contract? Although your minimum term may have ended in August the contract would continue until you decide to do something with it.

Whether this be cancel and lose the number, use a PAC code with another network to keep the number etc.

Tom

I have this same problem. Please can you help? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have this same problem. Please can you help? 

I’d suggest getting in-touch with the iD Mobile social media customer support team via facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message), to ask for assistance with your refund.

This team helped me get the credit balance from my closed iD account - anyway, good luck @Patrick Joseph Kearns

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Patrick Joseph Kearns 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?