Solved

Removing a default from my credit file

Good afternoon,

So I have a problem that I need your help with. It appears that I have a default on my credit file from IDmobile. Its from a sim only 30 day plan that I had over three years ago.

I never used the sim in the end as it was was bought for my business and never needed, I cancelled the DD and thought that was that, I pretty soon realised that it wasn't as simple as that when I received a letter with an outstanding amount, I paid that and thought no more of if…

Fast forward to last month and I’m informed that I can't get the mortgage that I’ve applied for due to my  (what I thought was immaculate) credit score, so I obtained a copy of it and discovered that after I had cleared my account, the monthly charge hadn't been stopped… The problem with that is that I had also moved house in that period and despite having mail redirected, I was not made aware of any outstanding balance. Despite the fact that I have even been using a new ID plan in the meantime.

I have always worked hard to maintain a good credit score, and to think that a £10 monthly sim which leads to an outstanding default amount of £35, and one of which that I was never informed of (you had my email address) is devastating when it has such an effect on a mortgage application.

If you are able to help with this then that would be great,

Thanks,

Johnny

icon

Best answer by Michelle 21 February 2021, 15:32

View original

76 replies

I also have a default for an issue that was rectified. Please can someone contact me asap.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sure thing @Callmeback,

We’ll drop you a private message to get more details.

Will

Hello,

I am also experiencing the same problem. I didn’t miss a single payment but apparently there was an £11 closing fee when the account was closed.

I’m in the process of a mortgage application and other than this (which I was totally unaware of on my credit report until yesterday) my credit is absolutely spotless!

This is literally going to ruin my life - I’ve completed on the sale of my previous house and moved out into temporary accommodation - everything I own is in storage!

I have attempted to escalate this via the chat bot and raised a dispute / notice of correction via the Experian credit agency.

Please, please could someone help me with this? This is absolutely soul destroying. I have never missed a payment on anything in my life!

Kind regards

Tom

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @tomeightyeight 

We’ll send you a private message to take a further look at this with you.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Hi there @tomeightyeight 

We’ll send you a private message to take a further look at this with you.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Thank you very much Kevin, I eagerly await your correspondence.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Adnaan98,

If I recall correctly, we’ve already dealt with this via PM to yourself.

Mohammed

I'm in the exact same issue, this is disgusting seeing them destroying so many people's credit scores over something so silly.

Someone needs to message me asap and sort this before I start an official complaint

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Andrew_butter,

We are obliged to record credit file’s in accordance with a customers payment history just as any other credit lendor.

We don’t feel this is something ‘silly’ at all.

Can you provide us with some information on why you feel the marks were applied incorrectly to your account?

Mohammed

Hello @Andrew_butter,

We are obliged to record credit file’s in accordance with a customers payment history just as any other credit lendor.

Can you provide us with some information on why you feel the marks were applied incorrectly to your account?

Mohammed

My Ex partner signed up with my details and the sim was never used. Putting a default on someone's record for a service that was never used and should of been cancelled is ridiculously silly.

Do you have a number for who deals with your collections/records team?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Adnaan98 

We are sorry to hear this. We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this for you.

-Mohsin

@Mohsin can you get someone to message me regarding this please,

Thank you 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Adnaan98,

We’ll send you a Private Message now to look into this for you.

Will

Can someone please look into it for me and message me please?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Adnaan98 

I can see we have messaged you 4 days ago and have not received any reply back from you?

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hello @Andrew_butter,

Mohammed

Actually, it is silly. Especially as you often, as with me, don’t actually provide any credit (mine was an unused pay monthly sim, so no credit lending was ever provided)

I am also having the same issue which is very frustrating!! Just about to apply for a mortgage and noticed I have a default on my credit file from ID MOBILE! I had a sim only contract that never got used (would not work in my phone) and was cancelled well before 14days cooling off period! I have not had any communication from yourselves stating I have this debt (£29) but I have a default showing on my credit file! Can someone contact me please as this needs sorted this default should not be on my account 

Could someone please get back to my previous message ASAP please or I will have no option to take this further as the default should not be there

Userlevel 2

OMG: what have I joined here at ID Mobile!? Bought new phone 5 weeks ago, that's fine (so far). But today tried to get a sim only deal at a paltry £12 a month, received email saying credit check criteria not met!?!? Have a 999 out of 999 credit rating with Experian, earn a £30k wage & considerable savings, luckily have never been out of work for over 30 years. Put a £1000 into savings each month with my wife, now have a negative influencer on my Experian profile under ID Mobile!? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

As advised elsewhere @John Henderson, we’ve dropped you a Private message to offer further assistance.

Will

Can you please contact me re the same issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

HI @Property perfect ,

We have popped you a Private Message now if you can please send us some more details?

I have replied

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Property perfect,

Thanks. We will remain in contact via PM.

Ryan

Hi there, I now have a default on my card, because I cancelled my phone contract with ID, however payments were still going on. I cancelled the direct debit after calling ID and telling them that I have cancelled the contract after the 24 months, but I was not aware that payments were still due . Im not happy as this is stopping me from getting an important loan. Is there I way i can get this default removed

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Aleks Sukic,

I can see that we have responded to you on another post.

Please get back to us there if you require further information.

Kash

iD Mobile

Why iD Mobile?