Solved

Removing a default from my credit file

Good afternoon,

So I have a problem that I need your help with. It appears that I have a default on my credit file from IDmobile. Its from a sim only 30 day plan that I had over three years ago.

I never used the sim in the end as it was was bought for my business and never needed, I cancelled the DD and thought that was that, I pretty soon realised that it wasn't as simple as that when I received a letter with an outstanding amount, I paid that and thought no more of if…

Fast forward to last month and I’m informed that I can't get the mortgage that I’ve applied for due to my  (what I thought was immaculate) credit score, so I obtained a copy of it and discovered that after I had cleared my account, the monthly charge hadn't been stopped… The problem with that is that I had also moved house in that period and despite having mail redirected, I was not made aware of any outstanding balance. Despite the fact that I have even been using a new ID plan in the meantime.

I have always worked hard to maintain a good credit score, and to think that a £10 monthly sim which leads to an outstanding default amount of £35, and one of which that I was never informed of (you had my email address) is devastating when it has such an effect on a mortgage application.

If you are able to help with this then that would be great,

Thanks,

Johnny

icon

Best answer by Michelle 21 February 2021, 15:32

View original

76 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Adnaan98,

We are very sorry to hear about that. We will send you a PM now so that we can help further.

Ryan

Following on from my previous message,

If you can’t help me, my next step is the contact the communications ombudsman.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Cleggy 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Following on from my previous message,

If you can’t help me, my next step is the contact the communications ombudsman.

Unfortunately, you’ll need to lodge a formal complaint with iD Mobile first, @CaitlinRubra. 

The ombudsman won’t rule on any dispute, unless you’ve followed the complaints process of the company you’re in disagreement with. 

In addition, iD Mobile have a legal duty to report any missed payments for an iD account. 

I am also having the same issue which is very frustrating!! Just about to apply for a mortgage and noticed I have a default on my credit file from ID MOBILE! I had a sim only contract that never got used (would not work in my phone) and was cancelled well before 14days cooling off period! I have not had any communication from yourselves stating I have this debt (£29) but I have a default showing on my credit file! Can someone contact me please as this needs sorted this default should not be on my account 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Shani369,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to get this investigated and right any wrongs.

Will

@Mohsin can you get someone to message me regarding this please,

Thank you 

Hello,

I have the same problem and I have just been made aware of this now. I have been tried to explained via chat to up to 5 agents, and the chats keep dropping off due to network issue. This is quite frustrating, I hope you could help. Thank you

Could someone please get back to my previous message ASAP please or I will have no option to take this further as the default should not be there

I have the same problem too.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @dino 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Adnaan98 

We are sorry to hear this. We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this for you.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Adnaan98,

We’ll send you a Private Message now to look into this for you.

Will

Hello, 

I too am having this problem. I set up a SIM only deal for my daughter around 6 or so years ago. She used it for a year until she got a different contract with a phone. I cancelled the account and thought nothing of it. I didn’t check my bank direct debits, and it turns out the payments never stopped. I was paying for the unused sim for an extra 3 years. I cancelled the DD and thought nothing of it until i received a debt collectors letter for £17. I immediately paid, but looking at my credit report it says I have defaulted.

How do i get this removed? I had asked for it to be cancelled correctly, and even swallowed the fact that I had been paying for so long, as i should have noticed earlier - But I am not happy with also having a mark on my credit score. 

Can somebody contact me to get this resolved please.

Thanks

To whom this may concern,

This is my final message or action of communication before I take ID Mobile to the ombudsman/sue you. You have affected my whole life with your default over £24 which supposedly doesn’t exist anymore after ID Mobile credited £25 so I have a default on my file for no fault of mine which has affected me buying a house. I want someone to get in touch with me ASAP. Contacted ID Mobile and raised a formal complaint twice and was told someone would get in touch within 3 days did not hear anything back both times, let’s say its been 24 days shows how awful your customer service. I was once upon a time a valued customer of ID Mobile but cannot stand ID after what you have put me through. I want the credit marks/default off my file, this was all due to ID’s fault. You can’t even notify a customer that their payment hasn’t processed through any means even automated, should ID not get in touch by this week I will be consulting the Ombudsman for unlawful business practice.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @tomeightyeight 

We’ll send you a private message to take a further look at this with you.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Hi there @tomeightyeight 

We’ll send you a private message to take a further look at this with you.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Thank you very much Kevin, I eagerly await your correspondence.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Watto21 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @szam99 

All iD Mobile accounts would be accessible by the same login details through either the iD Mobile App -or- through our website for at least 6 months after an account is disconnected.

It would always be down to yourself to check if you have any outstanding balance after disconnecting, and we’d never advise anyone to cancel their Direct Debits until the final payment has come out.

If a bill goes unpaid for over a month then the balance would be passed to a collection agency who would attempt to chase you for any outstanding balance at that point.  Generally speaking, they’d send you letters I believe.  It would be worth speaking to whomever it is you had paid the outstanding balance to.

Hi, this is similar to my problem. I had a sim only deal end of 2018/start of 2019 and found recently that I have had 3 missed payments which I am unaware of up until now when I cannot get credit. I am more than happy to pay if I owe anything and have these removed although I think it is an error. Please could somebody contact me asap. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @benny_blanco_31,

Can you confirm how you cancelled the contract?

Cancelling the direct debit wouldn’t cancel the contract, if payments are missed due to cancelled direct debit it would reflect on your credit file.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Laurenedwards98,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi Kash, 

I canceled in the carphone warehouse store where i initially took the contract, as far as I was aware everything was done and dusted. I didn’t fully check my account to notice that you were still taking the money every month after I cancelled. If you check your records and call logs you will see that no phone calls/text/data had been used for well over 2 years. It was a first contract for my daughter and she has had numerous phones since. I don’t even know what the number was? In fact she currently has a different ID contract with you now!

I cancelled the contract in the correct manner, was still charged for years after the cancellation, and now have a default notice on my credit score. Never missed a payment in the whole term (even when you were charging me out of contract)
This is not good. I need this rectified asap please

Thank you

Ben

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@benny_blanco_31,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CaitlinRubra 

Please could you let us know what procedure we haven’t followed?

We have no information here to your specific case, this is a forum for more generic information, nothing about your account or case specifically.

If you believe the default is incorrect please get in touch so we can check, however reading the above message, it sounds like it’s marked correctly.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?