Solved

Sim not working for protracted time, cancelled Direct Debit

• 9 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Some months ago, I bought an ID Sim for a new Huawei phone I bought. After inerting the Sim, it simply wouldn’t work. I tried everything expected/advised on the forums and tutorials here but nothing worked. In the end I simply cancelled the direct debit as I was not happy to continue to pay for a service I have no access to. I triend getting holf of carhone warehouse, where I bought the Sim but it proved fruitless. No one was answering phones. Now I am getting all this mail about me owing you money; which is annoying.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 12 February 2021, 17:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @mbonisi 

The phone you are trying to use your SIM card in, was this purchased from iD Mobile, Carphone Warehouse or another company?

Are there any error messages when you place the SIM card in the phone?

Cancelling your Direct Debit won’t cancel your plan. If you haven’t followed the correct cancellations process, your plan will remain active and you’ll continue to get billed by us, which you’ll still be liable to pay of course.

If you fail to pay, unfortunately, your plan will go into collection and it could impact your credit rating.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

No. I already had a handset (unlocked) which I bought from another vendor. I tried other Sim cards from different other mobile companies and it was fine. The ID mobile just wouldn't work and still doesn't. I have tred contacting Cadphine Warehouse with no luck and now I am trying you.

Please don't say I inserted it wrong or that my mobile handset is not compatible, I have checked all this. Nothing has helped. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @mbonisi 

All mobiles bought from iD should arrive with the right settings already configured.

If you've moved over to iD from another network and kept your old handset, you can get the information you need to setup the internet and MMS on your phone on the 'Get Your Settings' page.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

iD Mobile 

It's far too late for that. I want to leave immediately! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @mbonisi 

We’ll send you a private message here now so that we can help further with that then.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Why iD Mobile?