Solved

Spetember Bill Query - MMS Charge

• 20 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been charged for an MMS but didn’t send a message at the time noted or an MMS at any time on the day stated on my September bill. Can you please advise why.

icon

Best answer by Will 25 September 2020, 20:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been charged for an MMS but didn’t send a message at the time noted or an MMS at any time on the day stated on my September bill

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @derek.ward,

I have moved both of your post to this one thread.

If you look at when the MMS was sent according to your bill whilst also looking back through your messages, did you send any sort of emoji or sticker via text at the time stated? Some phones will convert them to MMS which can cause the charge to happen.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

There were no emojis etc as screen shot below

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @derek.ward,

What is the charge? Did you receive any messages that day from a 5 or 6 digit number at all that day?

Will

Userlevel 1

The charge is only 30p (£0.30) but its the principal. The only texts that day were between myself and neighbour, all simple plain text to/from standard mobile numbers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I completely understand it’s the principle @derek.ward, just that sometimes the amount can provide us with some clues as to the nature of the charge.

We’ll send you a private message now to try and locate the reason for the charge.

Will

Why iD Mobile?