Solved

Stop texts and calls from premium rate number

• 5 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi there, quite a few members of my family have been hit by the scam of a premium rate number texting you (costing you £4.50) and there is nothing you can do about it bar going to the regulator - but they haven’t been able to do anything about the issue either.

The advise is to ask your network provider (ID) to prevent you from being able to receive calls and texts from premium rate numbers.

In my settings I have set that I can’t send preium rate texts but I want to make sure I don’t receive (and get automatically charged) calls or texts from these numbers.

I can’t get hold of ID network through calling and the live chat is always shut so I’ve come here to get the answer and hopefully help others too.

Thanks, Emily.
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 8 October 2018, 14:09

View original

3 replies

Hi @Emily,

Welcome to the iD Community!

With this particular issue, the best way to get it resolved would be to get in contact with the company sending the texts.
You can find ways to contact them by inputting the number you have received the texts from at;
https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/service-checker

I hope this helps.

Jade
This is still happening, ID operator wouldn't help. Said its not a premium text, a subscription service apparently. Contacted the third party who wanted personal details to refund but they don't have GDPR policy! So, not likely.
ID, by their inaction are implicitly involved in the scam. Tip of an iceberg, hundreds if not thousands of customers are being hit by charges (£3 to receive a text!). Reported my experience to relevant authorities and escalated complaint with ID.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @KevinTurveysEar,

We fully understand your frustration with the situation at hand, and it is very unfortunate that we can't help with this sort of issue further than asking you to contact the company who owns the subscription service. We are definitely not involved in this sort of business and the best way to find a resolution is to contact the company via PSAuthority here who assist with those complaints.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?