Solved

Switching account into the name of another

• 1 January 1970
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
I currently pay the account f my son but wish to swap the account into his name and bank account. How do I do this?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 August 2018, 15:54

I currently pay the account f my son but wish to swap the account into his name and bank account. How do I do this?

Hello @nightnavi10,

We don't support change of ownership on iD currently.

Whilst you may be able to amend Direct Debit details in the app and update the payment details to come out of your son's bank account, the account would always remain in your name.

The only way outside of this would be cancelling and for your son to apply for a new contract.

The number would be lost this way.

Mohammed
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hello @nightnavi10,

We don't support change of ownership on iD currently.

Whilst you may be able to amend Direct Debit details in the app and update the payment details to come out of your son's bank account, the account would always remain in your name.

The only way outside of this would be cancelling and for your son to apply for a new contract.

The number would be lost this way.

Mohammed
This is, frankly, a bit rubbish. The reason being given is that it is to do with credit checking which is sort of valid but if you want people to take out more SIMs with you guys you are going to encounter situations where parents want to obtain multiple SIMs for their kids ... the children are too young to be credit checked and so the account needs to be in my name but a) that means that I can never transfer ownership to my kids and b) all the accounts are separate but use my name so it's difficult to quickly identify which is which. Allow multiple SIMs on the same account OR allow transfer of ownership OR (as a really easy and quick work-around) allow the 'naming' of each account "Son's SIM"/"Daughter's SIM" to allow quick identification.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
This is, frankly, a bit rubbish. The reason being given is that it is to do with credit checking which is sort of valid but if you want people to take out more SIMs with you guys you are going to encounter situations where parents want to obtain multiple SIMs for their kids ... the children are too young to be credit checked and so the account needs to be in my name but a) that means that I can never transfer ownership to my kids and b) all the accounts are separate but use my name so it's difficult to quickly identify which is which. Allow multiple SIMs on the same account OR allow transfer of ownership OR (as a really easy and quick work-around) allow the 'naming' of each account "Son's SIM"/"Daughter's SIM" to allow quick identification.

Hello @PoppletonA,

Thank you for your feedback.
When iD Mobile first began, we aimed at getting our name out there and the demographic was much different to the user base we have now.
Since we shifted a huge focus on our SIM only plans, we've noticed more families are purchasing SIMS this way. All feedback has been passed on internally and yes, whilst our current plans are not setup to be most suited for family plans, we hope that this feature is available in the future.

Therefore, the current process requires you to register each account using the account holders name, date of birth but a new email can be used for each one. This should help differentiate which one is which.

In regards to transfer of ownership, when your kids are old enough to take out a contract, then they can order a new contract in their name once the current one has expired and cancel the existing one.

This is the only workaround we have.

We welcome your feedback and believe you me, this is something that has been mentioned multiple times here on the Community so it's not just fallen on deaf ears, so to speak.

Mohammed