Solved

Text charges to 65888

• 6 November 2020
  • 9 replies

I found that since 30 June I have been charged £4.50 a month for a service which I have never requested. I found that it is already in the next bill, I tried to contact ID mobile by phone and on live chat but they are unavailable. How can I cancel it and get a refund?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 9 November 2020, 18:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @sasa1305,

It sounds as though your number has been registered to a SMS subscription service. We're unable to stop these or unsubscribe you to these from our end. In most cases, you will need to text STOP to the number to stop the subscription. Doing so may incur a further charge for sending the text, however, it should stop any further communication from them.

If you did not sign up to this subscription yourself and believe you have been scammed, we'd urge you to first contact the company directly to obtain a refund (and be removed from their mailing lists).

There's a regulatory body called the Phone-paid Services Authority (PSA) who regulate these companies. You can use their website at https://psauthority.org.uk to locate the information about the company. If you've already contacted the company and failed to retrieve a resolution, you can make a complaint via PSA directly. 

I hope this helps.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much for you replying.

I contacted the company as you suggested and they refund me until October.

Anyway, I found it in the next bill and I tried to contact ID Mobile several times but is not possible

to talk with someone either by phone and chat.

Do you know if they have an email for customer service too?

Many thanks,

Massimo

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @sasa1305 

If you have been refunded by the company in question for past payments, then that’s a great start.

We would need you to contact them again though (the same as you’ve done previously) to ask them to cancel any active subscription they have you on though.  Along with refunding you for anything else they’ve taken since the last time they refunded you.

Thank you for replying.

I asked to cancel the subscription and they did.

Also, they asked to contact ID Mobile about the next invoice (on 29 November) and tell them to cancel the payment of £ 4.50

I tried to contact ID Mobile several times by phone or online chat but it is impossible to do it.

Do you know any other way to contact ID Mobile such as email?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @sasa1305,

Unfortunately we are unable to cancel those charges, that will need to be refunded by the other company too. Our Live Chat is the main route to obtaining support but if there is something we can do, we can also help here but for the charges mentioned, it will need to be refunded by the other company.

Ryan

As I told in my previous message, my next bill is on 29th November.

What do you mean you can’t cancel it?

I don't understand why it will need to be refunded by the other company, they said that they can’t give me something back that they haven't received yet.

To be honest all of this is unprofessional because I am asking you to stop it, and to remove the next bill (which is £ 4.50) for this service I never requested.

I am wondering how you protect your customers against frauds.

Massimo

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @sasa1305,

That we can’t stop it isn’t unprofessional. Unprofessional would be for us to advise we can, when we can’t.

We’ve advised what you need to do to sort the matter, and hope you’re able to do so soon.

Take care.

Will

Hi Will,

I did it.

As I said in my message, “ they can’t give me something back that they haven't received yet”.

Anyway, this a simple principle of accountancy.

Thank you for taking care of your customers.

Regards,

Massimo

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @sasa1305 

We appreciate that these charges are frustrating but we have had zero involvement in causing these.  There are plenty of honourable responsible companies who use those text message numbers (banks, businesses, charities, etc) so we can’t simply outright block all contact from such numbers.

You absolutely can get a refund and get further texts stopped through contacting the company in question though.  Instructions again below.

If you did not sign up to this subscription yourself and believe you have been scammed, we'd urge you to first contact the company directly to obtain a refund (or be removed from their mailing lists).

There's a regulatory body called the Phone-paid Services Authority (PSA) who regulate these. You can use their website on https://psauthority.org.uk to locate the information about the company. If you've already contacted them and failed to retrieve a resolution, you can make a complaint via PSA directly. 

Please also see the following article: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/im-being-charged-for-unwanted-premium-rate-text-messages which provides some further insight on these types of subscriptions.

Why iD Mobile?