Unwanted international calls and monthly data disappeared

• 7 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Rank

Dancer

3 minutes ago

Such a terrible service offering....

receiving calls which ring once and then stop from the following countries Estonia, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Moldov, Central African Republic, Latvia, Maldives, Lesotho and Belarus. At the same time my monthly data allowance has been used up and not by me. As most people using ID mobile trying to speak with someone is impossible. If anyone can advise what I can do resolve this please do let me know. I feel my only course of action is to change provider. Today has been very frustrating and I’ve made no headway at all.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 11 January 2021, 17:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1

I am currently receiving calls which ring once and then stop from the following countries Estonia, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Central African Republic, Latvia, Maldives, Lesotho and Belarus. At the same time my data allowance has been used up and not by me. As most people using ID mobile trying to speak with someone is impossible. If anyone can advise what I can do resolve this please do let me know. I feel my only course if action to change provider. Today has been very frustrating and frankly unbelievable that a company can co tinge to operate in such an appalling manner.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Dancer,

We are sorry to hear about those spam calls, it sounds as though your number has been found by those spam number holders and we would advise on blocking them if you can. For a long term solution, requesting a number change which comes with a £25 charge is probably for the best. You can report this to the police though who may offer you a crime reference number for the incident; we can then change the number for free with this reference number.

Those incoming calls would not affect the data usage of your phone, nor could the callers use your data themselves. We only record data used by the phone so the usage will be accurate. You can view the 'Data Usage' section within your phone settings to determine which apps are using the most data as it may be a case of an app or service using high background data when you are not connected to WiFi.

We have responded to your Trustpilot review too with further ways of contacting us, but if you prefer to speak here via a PM, please let us know.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Ryan

Thank you for the reply. I am barring and deleting the unwanted calls, presumable there is nothing iD Mobile is able to do to assist your customers with this issue as it seems I am not alone.

I plan to try and discover why I have used all my data for a month when this has never happened previously.  If I do make some headway with that then I will be in touch further as again you did not actually provide any practical advise for me regarding that issue. So I will look on line for suggestions.  Maybe I am naive expecting more assistance than seems to be forthcoming. 
Regards

Dancer

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Dancer 

I’m afraid we do not have the ability to stop incoming calls to your SIM card.

If you do require further help, with understanding when your data has been used, please do let us know and we’ll be happy to assist.

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

Dear Michelle

I would like some assistance regarding my data usage as this has never happened to me before and I am unable to explain it.  What information can you provide.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Deborah

Userlevel 1

Michelle

I am unable to register my phone so cannot review the data information.

Can you help with this.  I received two numbers to amend my name and password and both were rejected.

Please get back to me ASAP.

Regards

Deborah

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Dancer 

We will send you a Private Message to help with this.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?