Solved

Updated my SIM but been billed 3 times

• 6 November 2020
  • 9 replies

I’ve just updated my sim but been charged 3 times from my account how can I speak to someone to sort it 

icon

Best answer by Will 20 November 2020, 13:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jess d,

Yeah an upgrade would reflect on the App to display your new tariff and allowances.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Will

Hi, 

Ok! thank you 

would it show on my ID app if it had accepted my request to upgrade? Like would it show the new upgrade??
Obviously just don’t want any more confusion with the bank 😬 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jess d,

If you only changed your address after placing the upgrade, it won’t have gone through. I’d recommend trying again now that you’ve updated your address.

Will

Morning, 

So the upgraded as far as I can see has NOT gone ahead so far. I’ve checked on my app and it’s still my old contact! 
the money that has been taken out of the bank was just my bill for my old contract which I guess is correct But nothing of the new contract that I thought I’d signed up for? 

my address at the time was not correct but I changed it as soon as I signed up for the new contract 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

sorry seems a lot 😬

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Jess d,

Has anything changed since your last message? If not, has your address changed since your original purchase? If so, this can sometimes cause issues with taking upfront payments as both your billing address (the one the bank has for you) and the address you give to us need to match or else the bank will often stop payments.

Ryan

No I’ve not received anything…. however your right none of the 3x1p was taken so last months bill has been taken but on my app it’s still states the old tariff I can’t see anything anywhere of the new tariff or when it will start 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jess d,

Only one upgrade will go through, don’t worry.

Have you received any confirmation emails from us at all?

Will

Hi, 

so yes I’ve done like an upgrade so my son can get more data on his phone. 

so when I went through the upgrade and went to pay or put my card details in it said failed error so I tried 3 times… but then I checked my bank and I have 3 pending 00.1p amounts 

so I’m wondering will I be charged 3 time for line rental and when will the new upgrade start and it’s not showing on my if app? 

thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Jess d,

When you say “updated my SIM” what do you mean by this?

Did you activate a replacement or did you change your tariff or upgrade?

When you say charged 3 times, what amount was charged 3 times?

3 1p verifications or 3 monthly line rentals?

Are these showing as pending or taken?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?