Question

What is classed as an additional usage charge?

• 22 December 2018
  • 6 replies

I've had a warning that I've used 80% of my additional usage cap but don't understand why when I've not exceeded my data, calls or text limits. What exactly have I used?

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Claudsmum

You can check your total usage and what's remaining on your package when you install ID Mobile app and login to your account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Claudsmum,

As @Hikari advised, you can download and register for the iD Mobile app, or log-in via our website to your account which will let you see what your out of plan usage is.

You'll only receive the texts when you're close to the allowances.

It's still possible to make chargeable spend if your cap is set above £0.00.

Examples of this could be:

MMS Messages - £0.30 per message
International calls & texts - (country dependant)
Calls to 084 and 087 numbers - iD Access charge of 45p per minute + company charge.

Hope this helps.

Mohammed
I've got the app but it doesn't tell me what I've been charged for in my cap. So confused right now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Have you tried viewing your latest bill which has those charges on it?

A full breakdown of the chargeable usage would be displayed here.

If the charges are on your recent usage, they would be added to your next bill.

Mohammed
Badge +10
@Claudsmum this may be of use to you when tracking down the spend once you have a full breakdown on chargeable usage, please be aware your bill will have prices excluding vat, the link below shows prices inclusive of vat. So anything like picture messages will show not as 30p but 25p on your bill, and the iD Access charge of 45p per minute will be around 37.5p.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/call-charges
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Claudsmum,

In addition to that, the following link on our website will help you understand your bill further:
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/understanding-my-bill

As @terrywebbs has mentioned, our bills are broken down without VAT and then the VAT added after.

Out of plan charges can be calls to 084, 087 numbers, MMS messages, data usage outside of your plan, calls to non-standard 07 numbers, calls or texts to Premium numbers.

Checking the bill will be the best way to get the breakdown.

If you're still unsure, let us know here.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?