Solved

Why am I being charged for two plans?

I’ve upgraded from an ID phone plan to an ID sim only plan. My mobile allowances have not changed to the new plan and I am now being charged for both plans.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 15 July 2020, 17:06

View original

8 replies

MOVED: I want to communcate with an ID MOBILE person - but it is impossible. COVID 19 is no longer an excuse.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Geoffrey, sounds like you may have placed a new order by mistake. Have you tried contacting our Live Chat team?

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

I had indeed inadvertantly bought another plan instead of upgrading. Live Chat was able to cancel my new plan but is not allowed to upgrade me. So I tried again to upgrade my phone plan (that I've had now for over two years) to a sim only plan but I was going down the same route of buying a new plan. I've tried on my phone's app and on the ID Mobile web site but I just can't see how to upgrade my existing plan. I always seem to go down the new plan route instead of the upgrade route. Any help you can provide will be gratefully received.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

MOVED Hi @Geoffrey,

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our contact centres have had to remain closed for now for the safety of our colleagues that work in those contact centres; this is based upon government guidance in those areas, however, we are working hard towards being fully operational again and we have multiple teams currently working from home to help in the interim.

We can still be contacted via our Live Chat Team for help with all things iD Mobile, along with offering support through this community.

Is there something that you need assistance with?

Ryan

MOVED It’s OK thanks, I already have an open question about going round in circles trying to upgrade to sim only - I always seem to end up nearly buying a separate SIM only instead of changing my present phone deal to sim only. But you needn’t answer this, I’ll wait till my other thread continues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Geoffrey,

I'd be happy to guide you here.

First, log into the iD app/account

Then click My Account

Scroll down till you see Upgrade or Upgrade now

Then, from the options available, you should see SIM Only

Select this option, then select the plan you want to upgrade to.

Complete the order and this should upgrade you to a SIM-only.

If you think there’s still an error, record the journey and complete the purchase but we’re confident this should upgrade you only.

Mohammed

Done it - thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We’ve merged the two topics together.

Why iD Mobile?