Solved

Why am I being charged when I have not yet received my SIM?

• 5 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Ok, very angry as I type. Been on hold with customer services for 30mins and have been passed to three different people with no explanation. Your customer service is shocking.

I ordered a SIM a few days ago but have not yet received it. I received an email this morning saying my account is set up and I willl be charged. Where is my SIM? And why are you charging me before it’s activtaed?

this is not a good start folks.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 17 December 2018, 13:32

View original

4 replies

Too late. It appears the SIM card hasn’t been sent. Absolute shower of clown shoes. I eventually spoke to someone after 45 mins and he suggested I travel to carphone warehouse to get a SIM

blood pressure rising I ask him to cancel the order.

i then have to further ask him to cancel the direct debit. As if that wasn’t a linked action. Seriously.

and to add insult to injury, five minutes after I hang up the call, the postman arrives with the bloody SIM card.

idiots. The lot of you.
Hi @Skempleton,

We're disappointed to hear of the issues encountered with your order.

If there is anything further you require assistance with, please do let us know.

Jade
I'm wondering why I was charged before activating my sim too. I didn't want to start my id mobile plan until I used up the last of the credit in my giffgaff account, but then I saw my id mobile plan had automatically started before I even received my sim.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I'm wondering why I was charged before activating my sim too. I didn't want to start my id mobile plan until I used up the last of the credit in my giffgaff account, but then I saw my id mobile plan had automatically started before I even received my sim.

Hello @steffi,

All of our SIM cards are activated upon dispatch.

So the first bill will be generated within 48-hours of activation.
We are not able to remotely activate every SIM at request therefore billing services are not able to be deferred.

This is unlike a GiffGaff SIM which functions more like a PAYG SIM.

Our SIMs (besides out actual PAYG SIMS) are SIM-only contracts and run on a 30-day rolling contract.

It's best to order the SIM when it is required to ensure you're not going to be charged for a period you won't be using it for.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?