Solved

Why am I being charged when I have not yet received my SIM?

• 5 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Ok, very angry as I type. Been on hold with customer services for 30mins and have been passed to three different people with no explanation. Your customer service is shocking.

I ordered a SIM a few days ago but have not yet received it. I received an email this morning saying my account is set up and I willl be charged. Where is my SIM? And why are you charging me before it’s activtaed?

this is not a good start folks.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 17 December 2018, 13:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I'm wondering why I was charged before activating my sim too. I didn't want to start my id mobile plan until I used up the last of the credit in my giffgaff account, but then I saw my id mobile plan had automatically started before I even received my sim.

Hello @steffi,

All of our SIM cards are activated upon dispatch.

So the first bill will be generated within 48-hours of activation.
We are not able to remotely activate every SIM at request therefore billing services are not able to be deferred.

This is unlike a GiffGaff SIM which functions more like a PAYG SIM.

Our SIMs (besides out actual PAYG SIMS) are SIM-only contracts and run on a 30-day rolling contract.

It's best to order the SIM when it is required to ensure you're not going to be charged for a period you won't be using it for.

Mohammed
Hi @Skempleton,

We're disappointed to hear of the issues encountered with your order.

If there is anything further you require assistance with, please do let us know.

Jade
Too late. It appears the SIM card hasn’t been sent. Absolute shower of clown shoes. I eventually spoke to someone after 45 mins and he suggested I travel to carphone warehouse to get a SIM

blood pressure rising I ask him to cancel the order.

i then have to further ask him to cancel the direct debit. As if that wasn’t a linked action. Seriously.

and to add insult to injury, five minutes after I hang up the call, the postman arrives with the bloody SIM card.

idiots. The lot of you.
I'm wondering why I was charged before activating my sim too. I didn't want to start my id mobile plan until I used up the last of the credit in my giffgaff account, but then I saw my id mobile plan had automatically started before I even received my sim.

Why iD Mobile?