Solved

Why can I not add more than 3GB of data for 1 month?

• 17 March 2020
  • 1 reply

I never go over my data allowance. This month is an exception as I am spending some time away & have to use my phone as a personal hotspot for all of my devices. 

I am 10 days into my contact with 300MB left of 10GB. I would love to add another 10GB but I do not require this for the next 12 months. 

Is there a way to add more than 3GB for a single month? I understand that 10GB for +£30 a month is cheaper because of the ‘bulk buying’ ideology, but I would be far happier to pay £20 for an extra 10GB for one month so that I’m not wasting money & I’m not needlessly out of pocket. 

Or, is there a way to chose the 12 month plan & then cancel after one month? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Gregor 17 March 2020, 17:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Braadlee 

I am sorry if the website wasn't clear enough but 10GB add-on does not charge you on a monthly basis, it is one of payment. 12 month is just the expiration time of these 10GB of data, in case if you don't use it all in this period of time you will loose them. 

There is no 10GB for one month as this amount is really hard to use with normal usage and many customers would loose unused data after only 30 days. 

Maybe instead of buying an add-on would be better for you to look into changing a plan for one month to a higher data allowance? 

For example, I am on a 24 months contract that is £17.99 for 1GB a month but when I go to "change my plan" page I can bump it up to 50GB for £33.99 (Price will vary, depending on which kind of deal you are on). So I could pay these £33.99 for the month that I would need more data and then change it back to £17.99 when not needed anymore.

Remember that you can change your plan only once per 30 days.

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Why iD Mobile?