Solved

Why has my Data stopped rolling over?

• 1 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

I recently changed my plan from the £5 pm 500 minutes 1Gb data to the £6 unlimited minutes 1Gb data. I deliberately changed my plan at 5 minutes to midnight on the last day of the month to make the changeover as seamless as possible - it appeared to work as I got the correct bill 10 minutes later!

Since then no data has rolled over whereas before 1Gb rolled over every month (I only use about 250Mb per month for Waze). I understand that I lose the rollover in the 1st month of the change but not subsequently.

Has iD Mobile changed it’s policy or is this a snaffu in the system?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Pearl_c6 9 June 2020, 11:31

View original

9 replies

Badge +10

@brackenhill-mob 

Glad to see a savvy member doing the upgrade trick close to their billing date, smart move.

You are right when changing a plan or when upgrading, the data will not roll over until the next month, this is because the plan is new and there is no data to rollover from the previous month of the new plan.

However you should be seeing a data roll over in subsequent months following that, please check either via the app or via a web browser and see if there is a different reading on either of those platforms.

One might be showing the correct amount compared to the other, occasionally I see different amounts on the web compared to the app, snaffu in the system. 

Userlevel 1

@terrywebbs 

Thank you Kind Sir!

I’ve just checked both the app on my phone and the web site from my laptop and they both say unused 1Gb and Allowance 1Gb.

April’s invoice only showed 1Gb as i was expecting but May and June’s have not rolled over so something appears to be wrong somewhere.

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed are you around to help?

Userlevel 1

Anyone? @Ryan 

@terrywebbs any suggestion what I do next? This isn’t the “service” I contracted to ;)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @brackenhill-mob 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’m sorry to see this post was not responded to. 

You will need to contact our Live Chat team who  will be able to check your account and advise you accordingly regarding your roll over. 

Please click https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us  

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’.

If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Userlevel 1

@Pearl_c6 Thanks Pearl

Seems there is a snaffu and it’s been escalated to technical

BTW might be worth telling people to log in to see the chat button - I stared at the page you linked and couldn’t see anything. Logged in and there it was (and agent came on within 20 seconds!). Guess I’m getting old … ;)

Userlevel 1

Snaffu resolved. Thanks for everyone’s help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Glad to hear that! 

If you don’t mind me asking, did you get to the bottom of what caused it @brackenhill-mob?

Apologies I could not respond earlier.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed Welcome back - hope all is well with you.

No I didn’t find out the cause. I had a long online chat with an agent who recognised the issue and pushed it to support. I then got an SMS acknowledging the issue followed by one a few hours later saying it had been resolved (which it had as I could see my rollover - looks weird as it is negative -  probably “forced” by hand).

The acid test will be what happens on 1st July ;)

Why iD Mobile?