Solved

App info on usage not consistent with text messages

Help! I upgraded my limited mins SIM (cap £25-) only to a pay monthly SIM with a £10 cap on 9 May. I recieved a text confirmation of the £10 cap. I also recieved emails saying the new SIM was in the post. I made no phone calls on 9th.Today (10th) I used my phone for an 18 minutes call and got a text saying I had used 80% of my cap! However the app shows that I have unlimited minutes 10 May- 9 June which is pro rated allowances from new plan plus allowances from old plan. How can I have unlimited minutes and have used most of my cap all within 24 hrs of upgrading? I haven’t used any data at all. I don’t seem to have either the old or the new plan in operation as I appear to be paying the out of plan charge of 45p per min for my phone call! I really don’t understand what’s going on, please help. I can’t afford to pay 45p per min and I need to use my phone!

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 10 May 2021, 16:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No worries!

You shouldn’t have any issues with standard 07, 01, 02 and 03 numbers.

Re: the pro-rata allowance, your app shows the allowance you’d get following any plan change or upgrade which would be the amount of the new plan from the date you change. So if you changed 20 days into the billing month, you’d get 10 days worth of allowances.

Your full allowance kicks in when the plan refreshes as normal :)

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Bulgakov

What’s the first 4 digits of the number you called?

Unlimited minutes only applies to inclusive numbers so standard UK Mobile numbers, UK Landline numbers 01, 02 and 03.

0800 are free and so is the iD number.

Calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers are chargeable at the iD access charge of 45p per minute + a charge for the number.

It sounds like you may have called one of these numbers.

Mohammed

Gosh, yes it was 0845! I hadn’t realised, thank you

Why iD Mobile?