Solved

Avoid being charged twice

• 14 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi, I have 1 day left on my 24  month contract and have upgraded to a SiM only monthly payment deal. Do I actually a  new SIM card or do I just switch to the new contract? I do t want to be charged twice so how can I be sure I end my original contract please? I have read other questions but am still unclear. Thanks Cheryl 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 15 August 2022, 11:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi There!

If you chose to switch your mobile number to the new sim only using a PAC Code then the old contract will be cancelled automatically when your number switches. If you did not do this then to ensure you aren’t charged twice I recommend contacting your old provider to ensure that the old contract is correctly cancelled.

Hope this helps :)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, I have 1 day left on my 24  month contract and have upgraded to a SiM only monthly payment deal. Do I actually a  new SIM card or do I just switch to the new contract? I do t want to be charged twice so how can I be sure I end my original contract please? I have read other questions but am still unclear. Thanks Cheryl 

Hey @Newphones, if you upgraded using the iD app or from your iD My Account online, while you were signed-in, then you’ll keep your number and can carry on using your existing SIM.

Did you upgrade to SIM only like this?

Hi, I did order the new SIM whilst logged onto the App and was with ID mobile on my previous 24 month contract. But I have a text saying my new SIM is in the post. Why can’t I keep the one I’ve got? My account now shows that I am on the £6 SIM only deal. How can I check this please? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, I did order the new SIM whilst logged onto the App and was with ID mobile on my previous 24 month contract. But I have a text saying my new SIM is in the post. Why can’t I keep the one I’ve got? My account now shows that I am on the £6 SIM only deal. How can I check this please? 

Okay @Newphones, whenever you upgrade, iD always send out a new SIM card.

If you activate the new SIM, which comes with your iD upgrade, your existing (old) SIM will be deactivated and won’t work.

In your position, I’d put the new (inactive) SIM in a safe place, and carry on using the existing (old) SIM. 

The only reason iD send out a new SIM is in case the old SIM doesn’t fit in the handset you’ll be using with your upgraded plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Newphones!

With any online order a new SIM is sent out, just in case you need one, although this isn’t needed to be used if you don’t want to! You’ll be prompted in the iD Mobile App if you want to switch over to the new SIM or not, if you don’t want to just stick with the one you have!

In terms of cancelling your old contract if this is an upgrade there’s nothing to worry about, it’ll work it’s way into what you have seamlessly so you don’t need to worry about anything.

If you’re moving from another network you’ll want to use the iD Mobile port form to use either a PAC code (to bring a number over and cancel the old contract) or an STAC code (to ditch the number and cancel the old contract).

Tom

Hi @Newphones!

With any online order a new SIM is sent out, just in case you need one, although this isn’t needed to be used if you don’t want to! You’ll be prompted in the iD Mobile App if you want to switch over to the new SIM or not, if you don’t want to just stick with the one you have!

In terms of cancelling your old contract if this is an upgrade there’s nothing to worry about, it’ll work it’s way into what you have seamlessly so you don’t need to worry about anything.

If you’re moving from another network you’ll want to use the iD Mobile port form to use either a PAC code (to bring a number over and cancel the old contract) or an STAC code (to ditch the number and cancel the old contract).

Tom

Most helpful thanks 

Why iD Mobile?